Celebration Dinner

Emily pov

Ali and I decided to make us all dinner tonight to celebrate my acceptance into the college. I was so happy I couldn't believe something good was actually happening after so much bad stuff. It was the first time I think I have smiled since we went to the doctors and I think it's the first time Ali forgot about what happened with Jason for a few seconds. We hadn't heard anything from A since that night and that scared me the most because it could only mean they are planning something. They couldn't keep Jason and Mayas bodies hidden forever. They were going to do something with them it's the only explanation to their bodies being taken. I dreaded the thought of waking up to a text or looking at my emails in case A sends something, but I tried my best not to think about it and obsess over it too much there was too much going on to obsess over it all. I seen the pain in Alisons face every day though and it broke my heart.

Ali pov

I had no idea what we were going to make for dinner but I wanted it to be special so I went to the shop and picked up some minced beef and sliced chicken, so we had both when we finally decided what we were going to make along with some vegetables, rice and pasta. Emily laughed when I walked through the door with four bags filled with food, but I wanted to be prepared whatever we decided to make without having to go back out for anything.

"So what do you think we should make? What would you like for dinner?" I asked.

"I have no idea how about that chicken and vegetable pasta that you make. We all love that." Emily suggested.

"I'm glad I got all of the food then." I laughed. "Can you get out all of the vegetables from the fridge and I'll sort the chicken?"

I watched as she bent down into the fridge and bit my lip. I turned back round to the chicken before she caught me staring. I began to slice the chicken into smaller chunks and began to boil the pasta while Emily crushed garlic and chopped the peppers, onion and broccoli. I loved days when we cook together it's so relaxing and normal. I heard a faint knocking.

"Was that the door?" I asked.

"No I just started chopping the onion." Emily laughed.

I shrugged it off and took my attention back to the chicken.

Emily pov

I knew Ali had been staring at me while I was in the fridge and I couldn't stop smiling at the thought. My eyes were watering from the onion and tried my best to do it fast to get it over with.

"Em are you sure that wasn't the door? I heard it again." Ali asked.

"I'll go check but I didn't hear anything." I put down the knife and turned away from the onion.

"You don't need to cry I'll get the door if you want." Ali laughed as I wiped away the tears on my face.

I walked out of the kitchen towards the front door and could hear Ali humming to herself. As I got closer to the door I could see someone was there. I felt bad for not going to check the first time they most have been waiting a while for someone to answer. I could see from the glass the it was a tall man with dark hair. I opened the door and the man turned round. My body went into complete shock I couldn't move, breathe or even think. I just stared at him. Everything in me was telling me to open my arms and jump on him for a hug but I couldn't move. I couldn't process what was standing in front of me.

"Emi."