Emilia's First Birthday

Emily pov

I stood at the bottom of Emilia's crib as I watched her sleep. She was so peaceful. Not a care in the world. I couldn't believe she was one year old already. My life with Alison and Emilia wasn't perfect mainly because of A, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

"What are you doing?"

I turned around and Alison was sitting up on the bed smiling at me.

"Watching Emi sleep." I climbed back into bed with Alison and she wrapped her arms around me.

I lay my head down on her chest. Her heart was at a steady beat for once.

"What time did you tell people to be here for the party?"

"Two but we don't really need to do anything my dad and Jason have took care of everything."

I figured Jason would do anything for Alison after what happened at Hanna and Caleb's wedding reception. No one had seen Spencer since Melissa's funeral. I had tried to call and text but she hasn't replied to me or Alison.

"I can't wait too see her face when she sees all of her presents and the balloons."

"She is going to love it." Alison kissed the top of my head and squirmed in closer to her.

---------------------------------------------------------

Alison pov

I carried Emilia down stairs as she clapped her hands to the music that had been playing for the last fifteen minutes. She tried to sing along in her own language but she soon gave up and giggled as she clapped off of the beat. I sat down at the bottom of the stairs and waited on Emily.

"Is my girl happy?" I kissed Emilia's head and she giggled. "Even though you probably have no idea what is happening today, so I'll let you in on a secret just don't tell anyone. Mommy and me are going to announce the date of our wedding."

"Hey you weren't meant to tell anyone." Emily laughed as she walked down the stairs. "Come on we need to go to the party before it ends."

I carried Emilia into a room full of colorful balloons and streamers. Emilia grabbed the first balloon she could get her hands on and pulled it behind us, hitting the back of my head each time I took a step. The room was filled with the people closest to Emily and I. Everyone surrounded us as soon as we entered the room. They cooed, kissed and hugged Emilia. The next moment I knew Aria had taken Emilia out of my hands.

"Wow this place looks amazing dad."

"It was mainly Jason's work." My dad gave me a quick hug.

I looked for Jason and found him standing with his arm hanging over Aria's shoulder and his finger in Emilia's hand. He looked so happy and I was glad because he had been miserable ever since Hanna and Caleb's wedding. I searched around for Spencer but she wasn't there. I was hoping she would manage but obviously she couldn't make it. I was amazed at the amount of presents that sat in the corner piled up.

"Hey beautiful." Emily kissed me and for a moment I forgot that there were more than just us in the room.

My hand slid under Emily's top up to her chest. I put my other hand on her back and pulled her body against mine. When I pulled away Emily was looking at me wide eyed. I realised where we were and I pulled my hand out for under her top. I blushed and Emily kissed my red cheek.

"Time for presents." Mrs Fields shouted.

Aria handed Emilia back to me and I sat on the floor with her. My dad handed me one of the presents from the pile and I put it down in front of Emilia who banged her hands on it.

"Mama."

Everyone aww'd as Emilia tried to speak. She began babbling again and clapping her hands copying the couple of people that were clapping there hands. My dad handed me each present and I opened it with a little help from Emilia.

I couldn't believe how many amazing presents that everyone had got for Emilia. She was such a lucky little girl to have so many people that care about her. I didn't even realise that I had began crying.

"Alison what's wrong?" Emily hugged me tightly.

I looked up and everyone was staring at me. I wiped away the tears quickly.

"Nothing I'm fine." I smiled.

All of the lights went out and Jason came out with a beautiful white and pink cake. Emilia's eyes grew wide as she seen the candles. Everyone sang happy birthday and Emilia giggled. Jason put the cake down in front of Emilia, Emily and I. Emily and I helped Emilia blow out her candles. Everyone clapped their hands and Emilia copied them. My dad took a photo of us then I was hit with a splash of cake and icing as Emilia put her hands through the cake. Everyone began laughing as Emilia kept hitting the cake sending it flying everywhere.