Chapter-13

I was curious how he knew my name, but the question was resolved sooner than I thought.

He saw the crest on the fan.

Currently, I was the only noble lady who could confidently carry objects with the crest of the Duke of Williot. So it was natural for the man to realize that I was Leila Thebesa because according to Countess Thebesa, I was quite famous in the social world. Of course, I wasn't famous in a good way.

He knew who I was and disappeared without introducing himself. I thought he was a polite man, but I guessed he wasn't.

"Sarah, do you happen to know which family the man you saw earlier is from?"

Sarah, who hadn't been working as a maid for five years, couldn't know what I didn't know. But I still asked her in case she knew, and Sarah shook her head.

"No. Shall we find out?"

"No."

I didn't want to do that because it seemed like I was doing a background check. Furthermore, seeing the man's actions, it was clear that he was more than a count's family member.

At that level, I would see him at the Emperor's coronation celebration party, so there was no need to be nervous at all. All I had to do was relax and wait.

As I was looking around the capital, the sky had already turned red.

I had to go back to the mansion and check out the clothes and stuff. There shouldn't be any mistakes as this banquet was the first stage for Philen's social debut. I had to show my perfect self. Taking this opportunity to strengthen my position as the next duchess.

...I need to talk about marriage as well.

"Haa."

The word marriage weighed heavily on my heart that a sigh came out.

Sarah, who was following, looked at me anxiously. "Are you okay, My Lady?"

"I'm okay."

None of it was okay, but I couldn't tell Sarah the story.

"It looks like the sun will set soon, so let's go back to the mansion."

"I'll send an errand boy to the mansion and call the carriage."

"No. Don't be bothered, let's just ride a public carriage."

"But public carriages are uncomfortable."

"It's okay."

I even got on a carriage that was more uncomfortable than a public carriage, so it was nothing. It wasn't long-distance too.

It was a waste of time to call and wait for the carriage, so I headed to the mansion in a public carriage.

The guards, who were watching the public carriage approaching the mansion, ran in surprise when I got off the public carriage.

"My Lady, why didn't you call the carriage?"

"It's okay."

How many times do I say that it's okay today? It becomes more and more annoying.

I waved my hand while thinking what I should do, and went into the mansion.

Dalgdak–

No, I tried to enter, but I couldn't because the carriage stopped in front of the mansion.

A sword entangled with roses. It was the crest of the Duke of Williot.

Is it Philen?

At other times, of course, I would have thought Philen was riding, but not after Cecily appeared. There was also a possibility that she was riding.