Chapter-113

Hiltine was silent.

Kalian with a terrifying momentum opened his mouth once again.

"Something you're hiding from me. I asked if there was, Hiltine."

Hiltine hid something from Kalian?

The Crowd Knights thought it was ridiculous because Hiltine used to report thoroughly even the smallest details to Kalian. That's why they thought it wouldn't be possible, but Hiltine's reaction was strange.

"...I apologize."

"Ugh?"

One knight took a sharp breath. It sounded loud because it was quiet around.

Without any doubt, the people around him gave him scolding glances, and the knight stuck his neck in like a turtle.

But Hiltine and Kalian didn't care.

"Do you remember what I said when I took you?"

"Yes."

"Say it."

He said it seven years ago, but Hiltine could say it clearly as if he just heard it a moment ago.

"You will be my eyes and ears from now on. Don't betray me no matter what. You must obey my orders."

"You remember it very well."

Kalian's fist cut sharply through the air and hit Hiltine's abdomen.

"Kugh."

Hiltine's body staggered violently at the tremendous force that hit his abdomen in an instant.

Seeing that, they all screamed in silence.

Hiltine, who took a couple steps back, stood upright right away as if nothing had happened, with two hands clasped behind his back.

"Then why didn't you report what happened in Hutton?"

The document Noah had investigated contained all of what Leila had been through in Hutton.

From Leila almost getting raped by Aldor, until she tried to go through the sacred trial to prove her innocence.

Kalian had never received any reports of the incident from Hiltine, despite ordering him to report everything that happened to Leila.

"Answer me, Hiltine."

If it had been a trivial matter, he wouldn't have been so angry, but it was an attempted sexual assault. She even almost faced the sacred trial.

"Why didn't you report it?"

That's how angry he was. Leila had gone through such a hard time and the fact that he had no clue about this like a fool made him angrier.

"...I have been asked."

"Asked?"

"She asked me to keep it a secret because she's going to tell you herself."

His blue eyes that pierced through Hiltine harbored question and displeasure.

"It seems that Leila's request takes precedence over my order."

"No, it's not."

"Then why did you prioritize her request over my order?"

"The first order Your Majesty gave me is to escort Leila Aster so that she has no inconvenience in carrying out the schedule of the diplomatic mission."

Hiltine, who raised his head, continued as he stared at Kalian with his unshaken eyes.

"At that time, I decided it was right to do so because if I didn't keep my mouth shut, I would be breaking that order."