Chapter-35

Lord, he said.

[T/N: I forgot to mention it in the previous chapter. This 'Lord' refers to someone who ruled the territory, not the title for men, so yeah, I'm sorry!]

Of course, there were times when young children mistakenly called me 'Lord', but I was perplexed to hear that in front of Philen.

It was even more so because Philen was looking at me with a stiff, rigid face.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not the lord."

I hurriedly explained to the boy, fearing that Philen might misunderstand.

"The man behind you is the lord."

It also imprinted the fact that Philen was the lord.

When the boy turned around, Philen smiled softly as if he had become stiff.

"No, he's not."

The boy shook his head and looked at me again.

"The Lord is you. You've been taking care of us all these years."

"That's..."

If I said Philen had been away and I just acted as a substitute, would this little boy understand?

As I was thinking about how to make it easier for me to solve it, a woman came rushing from afar.

"I, I apologize!"

The woman hugged the boy and hurriedly apologized to Philen.

"This boy is still young and doesn't know anything. If he made any mistakes, please be generous!"

"He didn't make any mistakes."

It's better not to say that he mistook the lord.

"More than that, it seems like there is something he wants us to solve..."

"Stop."

Philen cut me off and abruptly interrupted the conversation.

"The Lady must be tired from doing the inspection, so I think it would be better to go back to the carriage and rest."

I'm not that tired.

"I, the Lord, will take care of the rest."

It wasn't my illusion that the word 'Lord' sounded emphasized.

...he must have been pretty upset that I was mistaken to be the lord.

Well, I would've done the same. I fully understood him and went back to the carriage.

After a while, Philen's expression was still not good when he returned.

"Did things go wrong?"

When I asked out of concern, Philen turned his head curtly.

"It's none of your business."

It was the opposite situation from before.

When we left, I avoided talking to him, and this time he avoided talking to me.

"Okay."

I kept my mouth shut, not feeling the need to continue the conversation with him.

Philen looked at me with discontent, but I ignored him.

While we had a silent fight, the carriage also reached its final destination, the riverbank.

"Welcome, Duke. My Lady."

We were greeted warmly by the people in charge who had come out in advance.

Philen nodded lightly, then looked back at me.