Chapter-115

After the uncomfortable dinner, I returned to my room and stared at the spirit stone necklace.

When I saw this necklace in the store before, I thought I had seen it somewhere. It turned out to be what Cecily wore.

Wearing a necklace like Cecily's wasn't very pleasant.

I thought I should take it off right away, but I didn't want to because this necklace had already become like an amulet to me.

But it's better to take it off, right?

Because if Cecily saw it, I was sure she would laugh at me for wearing the same necklace as her.

Although I was sad, I thought it would be better to take it off for now, so I took the necklace off and put it on the dressing table. Then a maid came in.

"Would you like a bath, My Lady?"

"Yeah. Get it ready."

"I understand."

I threw off my clothes and went into the bath that had been prepared by the maid.

After soaking in the warm water, the tiredness seemed to disappear a little. My eyelids came down little by little.

I thought I would fall asleep in the bathroom if I stayed like this, so I quickly washed up and came out.

When I sat in front of the dressing table in a bathrobe, the maid approached and dried my wet hair.

"Oh yeah, Ness."

I asked the maid, Ness, to confirm the thing I had heard from Philen earlier.

"I heard that there were two vials as evidence, is that true?"

"Oh, really?"

Judging from Ness's reaction, it seemed like she never heard of it. Well, if she had known, she would have told me when I asked earlier.

"Ah, Kenna probably knows about it."

It was the first time I heard the name. I guessed she was a servant who hadn't been around when I was in the Duke of Williot.

"She's a newly chosen maid, right?"

"Yes, that's right. When the baby is born, more hands will be needed, so the former chief maid unofficially picked two more maids, and I am one of them."

I asked just in case, but I was right.

"So, how does that Kenna girl know about that?"

"Master previously ordered to inspect My Lady's belongings that had been stored in the storage. The servant who was mobilized at that time was Kenna."

Kenna couldn't have been mobilized alone.

There were also other servants, so there must be a reason why Ness only mentioned Kenna's name.

"Why do you think Kenna knows it?"

"About that, Master said he would give a big reward to the one who found something out. And Kenna got that reward!"

Kenna wasn't among the servants I investigated today.

"Call Kenna right now."

If that's the case, I thought I'd better ask Kenna directly, so I told her to call her right away, but...

"My Lady, what should we do? Kenna took a week off and left the mansion at lunchtime today."

"...really?"

The child was stillborn and the maid was on vacation. It also was just in time for me to come.

It could be a coincidence, but something felt strange.