Chapter-71

Where we followed the big man was a complicated alley.

It was like a maze of buildings that looked alike and mixed up in an unordered way.

After walking for a while, the big man stopped in front of a door that looked exactly like the one I had seen so far.

"Give me that parasol."

The big man asked me.

Not knowing what to do, I looked at Kalian. He nodded as if telling me to do what he said.

I handed the parasol to the big man.

Knock, knock.

When the big man knocked, the small side door opened and a skinny hand popped out. It was so skinny that I could see the bones.

I was startled and clung to Kalian.

Then Kalian comforted my arm as if telling me not to worry about anything.

He pulled out a black invitation card from his inner chest pocket and handed it to the skinny hand.

The skinny hand grabbed the invitation and disappeared inside.

Shortly after, the side door closed and the big door opened.

"Let's go in."

I wanted to ask where we were going, but I couldn't ask because the big man was staring hard at me, so I went inside without asking.

The inside of the building was dark and narrow. Candles were hanging on the wall.

Kalian put the hood he wore on my head.

"No matter what, don't take it off."

"Okay."

I carefully grabbed his hood over my head.

Perhaps because he's wearing it all the time, the hood smelled like him.

Strangely, his smell calmed my mind.

"This way."

In front of us, there's a narrow corridor that only one person could pass through.

After walking there for a while, Kalian and I went down the stairs.

At the end of the stairs, there's a wooden door that looked rather old.

Kalian knocked on the wooden door with a certain rule.

Then there's a sound of a lock being opened from the inside, and the door opened with a squeaking and loud noise.

Behind the wooden door was a completely different world.

"Take a look at it at once!"

"You'll never see something like this again!"

With the merchants selling all kinds of rare items on the stalls.

"How much is this?"

"That's too expensive. Please give me a discount."

The underground square was crowded with people who came to buy things or onlookers.

It looked like a market on the surface, but it didn't seem to be an ordinary market.

If it's an ordinary market, it wouldn't have been held in the underground square, and there would be no need for an invitation.

And also, the big men wouldn't have to be wary of Kalian by raising such blades like that.

"Where are we?"

When I asked a question out of curiosity, Kalian answered while looking through the underground square.

"Black market."