Chapter- 160

Why is he coming this way?

Is he trying to talk to me?

If so, how should I respond? I want to ignore him, but I'm bothered by his rank.

Still, I didn't want to talk to him because I knew he would say something weird. I didn't even want to start a conversation with him either.

Should I just run away even if it hurts my pride? No. That would mean leaving Diane behind, and I couldn't do that. Then, what should I do?

It was a difficult situation where I couldn't do this and that.

As I was thinking about what to do, a servant approached me and said,

"Baron Aster. His Majesty is calling for you."

"His Majesty?"

"Yes. There was an urgent matter, so he asked you to come to the Imperial lounge on the 2nd floor right now."

He didn't come to the party, yet he called me separately?

Remembering Baron Delrond left hurriedly made me worried that something had happened.

"Go ahead."

Diane patted me on the back.

"I'm sorry I left you alone."

"It's okay. Instead, you have to hang out with me when you return."

"Of course. I'll be right back, so please wait a little longer, okay? Diane."

I didn't want to leave Diane alone for long. So, I hurriedly headed to the Imperial lounge on the second floor where Kalian was waiting, hoping the problem could be resolved quickly.

*****

Leila left.

Diane then looked at the man who stopped coming this way after Leila disappeared.

That man is Duke Philen Williot.

The head of the Duke of Williot, known as the Sword of the Empire.

Commander-in-Chief of the Empire and one of the war heroes who led the Empire to victory in the long, six-year war.

As such, Philen's swordsmanship skill was outstanding. The enemies called him the Golden Reaper.

But what's the point? He's blind, unable to recognize a real jewel.

Knowing roughly what had happened between Philen and Leila, Diane snorted.

She didn't like Philen as much as she liked Leila. And so, she thought it was really fortunate that Leila broke up with Philen.

I'd rather live alone for the rest of my life than marry a man like that.

Yeah, indeed.

If here was the Natsha Kingdom. And if Philen was a nobleman of the Natsha Kingdom, people would have snapped at him openly, no matter whether he was a duke or not. It was a pity that it wasn't.

"It's really a bummer, such a pity."

"Lady Andrian?"

While she was smacking her lips in regret, Ver, who returned before she knew it, called her.

"Why are you alone? Where is Baron Aster?"

"Leila was summoned by His Majesty the Emperor. And so, she left for a while."

"His Majesty summoned her?"

Ver frowned and muttered to himself. "What is he up to again?"

"What did you just say?"