Chapter-117

Ver living in the palace was an excuse to keep Leila stay in the palace.

Now that Leila was not there, he could go home, but there were so many things he had to do, so he voluntarily stayed more.

From early in the morning, Ver had been checking emergency documents at the office in the outer palace.

"If these are urgent, of course, they should be put up as an emergency."

But it's not really that urgent.

He wanted to turn it down, but it wasn't something he could do.

After barely organizing the documents, Ver chewed his irritation and went to the emperor's office with the documents.

"Ah, Mr. Head attendant."

Ver met Rahel by chance on the way to the office.

As soon as Rahel saw Ver, he hurriedly approached him and asked.

"Have you seen His Majesty?"

What an absurd question.

"His Majesty? Why all of a sudden... Did he disappear again?"

"Yes. I haven't seen him since this morning."

Hoo, I thought it was quiet lately, but his bad habit is coming back again, huh?

"Haa."

Ver let out a deep sigh. Rahel's expression also darkened.

He didn't really like Rahel, but at times like this, he felt a deep sense of kinship.

"Where can I find His Majesty?"

"He's probably not in the palace."

Because he must have gone looking for poison again.

He had told him countless times to stop and forget it because it's been a long time, but Kalian seemed to never be able to forget it.

Although it was frustrating to see Kalian's behavior, Ver understood his feelings. Because if it were him, he would have done the same.

"If His Majesty's action reached the ears of other nobles, it wouldn't be good. At this rate, what he was doing..."

Rahel sighed and shook his head.

"Isn't this our job to prevent it?"

They didn't have the talent to bring Kalian, who was constantly on the move, back right away, so they had to somehow prevent it from entering the ears of other nobles.

"Let's try our best."

"...yes, let's."

Ver and Rahel looked at each other and quietly united.

*****

I couldn't sleep all night because I was thinking about various things, but I felt better than ever.

Today was the day to prove my and Misa's innocence.

I thought it would take a month at the most, but I never thought that I could prove it so quickly.

I was prepared to live my life under false accusation in my heart though.

But it was fortunate that I got the opportunity so quickly.

Misa is taking care of me from heaven.

Misa, please watch what I do today. I'll make sure to clear your name.

My will burned as I watched the warm sunlight shining through the window.

The key figures in today's plan were two, Philen and Sir Rohen.