Chapter-118

I looked at the door, wondering if it was Sir Rohen. But it was a maid, not Sir Rohen, who opened the door and entered.

Expectation diminished like a deflated balloon and disappointment filled its place.

The maid came in with a large cake on a tray.

"Finally, the cake is here."

It must have been the cake Philen prepared.

The maid put the cake tray next to me.

Up close, the cake was much larger and more colorful. It was about three stories high, and gold powder was sprinkled all over it.

Could it be that the thing that's stuck up there is a real jewel?

"Happy birthday, Leila."

I couldn't believe birthday greetings could make me feel this bad.

"Thank you, Duke."

But thanks to him, I also got a great opportunity to bring this out.

"I thought you would prepare a birthday cake for me, so I brought something with me."

I rang the bell and Ness brought a bottle of champagne. It was the champagne that Cecily gave me as a gift yesterday.

Cecily looked at the champagne and didn't react much. She blinked as if she had never seen it before.

Seeing her reaction, I wondered if I was mistaken, but it was just in case.

I have nothing to lose anyway, so let's push it to the end.

"This is the champagne Miss Cecily gave me yesterday. She got a good one, but since I drank it only by myself, I brought it here with me."

When I beckoned, Ness poured the champagne into their glasses.

"I think it'll go well with the cake, so let's drink it together."

"That's a good idea. Cecily, did you do such an admirable thing without me knowing?"

When Philen asked with a satisfied smile, Cecily replied with a small smile.

"Of course, I should. Because we are a family now."

We, huh?

"But what should I do? I can't drink alcohol because my body hasn't recovered yet. Phil, too, can't drink because his hand hurt before."

"Oh, right. I did."

Ah, I wondered why she was so confident, it's because she didn't have to drink it, huh?

"Champagne is an extremely low-alcohol drink."

I didn't want to let her slip away like a loach.

"It is said that a glass of light alcohol is good for blood circulation. So, wouldn't a glass be okay? It's also a toast to celebrate my birthday."

"That's also true."

Philen's light ears continued to flutter even at this moment.

Cecily's eyes shook slightly as Philen acted as if he would drink the champagne at any moment. But it was really a fleeting moment. She looked at Philen as if nothing was wrong and said.

"Still, I think you better be careful. It's your right hand, not the other hand. It's a big deal if it gets worse."

"Hmm."

"If you want a toast, I'll bring you non-alcoholic champagne. I can drink it too if it's that."

The more Cecily did that, the more my suspicion turned into certainty. She must have added something to the champagne.