Chapter- 103

What did... I just hear?

Give birth to your child?

As I stared blankly at him, doubting my ears, Philen grabbed my chin and brought his face closer.

"Give birth to my child, Leila."

It was such a close distance that I could feel his breath.

"Then I'll bury this matter."

His lips were getting closer and closer and just before they almost touched...

"...!"

Philen stepped away from me as if he had noticed something.

At the same time, someone grabbed my arm from behind and pulled me.

When I turned around in surprise, I saw a sharp jawline and swaying silver hair.

"Sir Hiltine...?"

Sir Hiltine hid me behind his back and stared at Philen.

The silver blade of the sword he held in his other hand gleamed menacingly.

Philen and Sir Hiltine just looked at each other motionlessly. There was no sword fighting, no physical fighting, but it was scary.

As the chill wrapped around my body, I wrapped my arms around myself.

Philen, who had been staring at Sir Hiltine, suddenly looked at me.

"Leila."

I flinched and took a step back.

Sir Hiltine stood in front of me as if to protect me. Because of that, I couldn't see Philen. I could only see the lower ends of his clothes shaking slightly.

"You surely need time to think, so I'll give you time."

Philen, on the other hand, kept talking to me as if he could see me.

"Four days will do, right?"

Step, step-

Footsteps were heard. Philen came this way.

When I saw him again, I was nervous and wary of him.

It was the same with Sir Hiltine. His hand holding the sword tightened.

Without giving a single glance to Sir Hiltine, Philen, who stopped in front of us, looked at me and said.

"Think carefully and come back after organizing everything, unless you want to lose everything you've built so far."

Philen left the house with those last words. Only the footprints he left behind were clearly marked on the dry floor.

Sir Hiltine kept his eyes on the door even after Philen left.

How long has it been?

As if he was finally relieved, he let out a long sigh. He put the sword he was holding into its sheath and looked back at me.

"Did His Majesty send you?"

Sir Hiltine nodded.

Well, there's no way he would be here otherwise.

"How did you know I was here?"

"...His Majesty informed me."

"Really?"

I never told him I was going home though, how did he know I was here?

I was wondering, but I didn't think about it deeply. Because what was important right now was not that, but thanks to him, I was able to get out of the crisis.