Chapter-30

After accepting Kalian's request, I wanted to look around the capital as Sarah wanted, but it was already too late.

Reluctantly, I called for a carriage and headed to the mansion.

"I'll definitely take you to look around the capital next time."

I said that because I was sorry I didn't keep my promise, but Sarah shook her head.

"It's okay. I've seen enough today."

"You only saw Greenery street."

"Come on, I saw a lot of things there. More than that, I have a question for you, My Lady."

"Yeah, ask me."

"The Lord I saw earlier, does he have a higher status than you, My Lady?"

Come to think of it, Sarah doesn't know who he is yet.

"He's the Emperor."

There was nothing to hide, so I answered honestly.

At my words, Sarah, who was nodding her head saying 'I see', responded late and opened her mouth wide.

"Yes? The, the Emperor? He, he's the Emperor!?"

"Yeah."

"Wh, wh, wh, why the Emperor..."

Is this such a shocking fact to make her tremble like that?

"Calm down, Sarah."

"How, how can I calm down! I saw the Slaughter Emperor right in front of my eyes!"

"Sarah."

When I sternly called her name, Sarah shut her mouth and bowed her head.

"I'm sorry, My Lady. I was too surprised..."

"It's okay. Watch your mouth next time. You could be accused of blasphemy for contempt of the Imperial family."

"Yes, yes. I will keep that in mind."

Sarah nodded with a tense look on her face. I patted her on the shoulder to make her relax.

The Slaughter Emperor.

What Sarah said lingered in my head.

It wasn't that I didn't know that the current emperor was called the Slaughter Emperor.

I had nothing to do with the emperor, so I just forgot about it for a while.

And I couldn't think of Kalian because he was so much more pleasant and nice than I thought.

But it was all true. Kalian killed his father and his blood relatives and became emperor.

I understood his actions because he would have been killed if he hadn't killed them.

He was accused of killing his younger half-brothers and the empresses who begged for their lives.

That was why he was called the Slaughter Emperor.

...he doesn't look like that though, but I don't know the truth.

I abruptly lifted the necklace that Kalian gave me.

The blue jewel on the platinum chain sparkled brilliantly.

The necklace's ability was useless, but it was pretty enough to play a great role even as a simple accessory.

"It's a pretty necklace."

Sarah's eyes glistened as she thought so too.

"Is the jewel a sapphire?"