Chapter- 163

The long shadow was Leila, and the short one was Hess.

"Your Highness!"

Upon seeing Hess, Katala ran to him.

"Katala..."

Hess panicked, but instead of running away, he obediently allowed himself to be grabbed by Katala.

"I've told you several times to please tell me if you want to go out...!"

Katala cried out.

Hess glanced at Leila hesitatingly. And Leila nodded as she looked at him gently.

"Sorry."

Hess squeezed Katala's hand that held his arm and apologized sincerely, as he had promised Leila.

"Sorry for worrying you, Katala. I will never do it again."

Katala's eyes widened.

Kalian also looked at Hess in a slight surprise.

It was the first time that Hess admitted his wrongdoing and apologized first. Before, Kalian had to scold him enough to bring tears to his eyes to get him to apologize, though he was reluctant.

What happened when he was outside? To make him have a change of heart? If that was really the case, what changed him?

As Kalian pondered, his eyes caught sight of Leila, who smiled kindly at Hess.

Hess, who met her eyes, also smiled.

...is it because of Leila?

It seems that she has a good influence on Hess.

For some reason, Kalian was very happy about that fact. He smiled lightly and approached Hess and Leila.

"Bro, Brother."

Hess, who noticed Kalian belatedly, called him with a stiff face.

"Your Majesty."

Leila also greeted Kalian with courtesy.

Kalian grabbed Hess by his shoulder, pulled him towards him, and said to Leila.

"Looks like you've been taking care of Hess all this time. It must have been hard for you. Thanks."

"No. Thankfully, His Highness the Prince listened to me well, so it was easy."

"It couldn't have been easy. I know how stubborn Hess can be."

"Brother..."

As if Hess was embarrassed, he called out to Kalian, grabbing his clothes.

Kalian smiled lightly and stroked Hess's hair.

They're definitely close brothers. It's not easy for half-brothers to get along like this, so it's astounding. And it's nice to see too.

Leila smiled unconsciously, looking at Kalian and Hess. Then, when she met Kalian's eyes, she froze.

"I love you."

It was because she suddenly remembered the moment when Kalian confessed to her.

As she was instantly reminded of his warm gaze at her that time, her cheeks became hot.

Thump, Thump. Her heart also began to pound.

Leila hurriedly lowered her head since she couldn't let Kalian see her blushing face.

"Then I'll be on my way."

"Leila."

She was about to leave as if running away, but Kalian stopped her.

Leila took a deep breath and managed to capture her expression before looking back at Kalian.