Chapter-32

"I haven't returned to the estate yet, but I'm already like this. I don't want to imagine what it would be like when I go back to the estate."

Philen complained while looking at me. It was a look that wanted me to say something.

What do you want me to say?

After thinking for a while, I came up with a suitable word.

"It must be very difficult. I'll support you, so do your best."

Philen frowned at my answer. It didn't seem to be the answer he wanted.

"Is that all you want to say?"

"Then?"

As I looked at him, telling him to tell me what he wanted, Philen waved his hand.

"Forget it. I'm leaving. I'm the only one who is tired of talking to a tactless woman like you."

The words full of thorns irritated me.

However, if I kept arguing with him, it would be me who would lose in the end, so I turned around without saying anything.

After parting ways with Leila, Philen returned to his room and sat down at his desk with an annoyed sigh.

There was a pile of documents on the desk for him to look at.

Even though he was diligently looking at the documents until he fell asleep, there was no sign of it decreasing.

At least the duke's work was worth it, but the problem was the duchess's.

He started to get sick and tired of trying to take care of the things that a hostess had to do, such as taking care of the family's affairs and the surrounding high-ranking nobles.

So he wanted to hand over the Duchess's work to Leila.

He had said something before, so he couldn't be the first to say it. That's why he secretly brought it up.

If Leila said 'I'll help you', he was going to pretend he didn't win, but instead, she said that.

He knew she was tactless, but he didn't know she would be this bad.

"What on earth are you good at?"

She was tactless, she wasn't attractive, and she wasn't noticeably pretty either.

Up until now, he thought she was doing a good job, but looking at the rainy season document, it was confirmed that she was not.

...well, other than that part, she didn't seem to make any particular mistakes.

The fact that Leila was good at work was something that even aides acknowledged.

Then, what?

Every time she said something, it was always about taking the official test that didn't even work.

"...that's really annoying."

Just thinking about Leila gave him a headache and made him frustrated.

Wanting to drink cool water, Philen asked the servant to bring it.

After a while, it was Cecily, not the servant, who brought water with ice on the tray.

Philen, who had been rummaging through the documents pointlessly, stood up as soon as he saw Cecily.

Then he quickly approached and took the tray Cecily was carrying.

"Your body is heavy and what if you fall? Why are you doing such chores?"