Chapter-114

That happened in the morning and now he asked me to have dinner together?

Is he shameless? Or is he thoughtless?

Maybe both. If it's Philen, it is possible enough.

A sigh escaped from the depths of my heart.

As I frowned, Lauren looked at me and asked.

"If you don't want to, should I tell Master?"

"No. I'll go."

Seeing Philen's personality, it was obvious that if I refused, he would come and make a fuss about why I refused. Then it would be even more tiring than it was now.

"I will help you get ready."

The maid brought fancy dresses and accessories, but I refused them all.

"I'll wear this."

What I pulled out was a modest dress of light beige with little embellishment.

"Isn't this too plain, My Lady? It's a meal with Master, so it would be nice to dress up a little..."

"Don't make me repeat my words."

When I cut her off, the maid moved as I told her to, even though she felt it was a pity.

My hair was tied up and I didn't wear any other accessories other than the spirit stone necklace.

After putting on as little makeup as possible, I put on a shawl and headed to the dining room.

...is Cecily in the dining room too?

The sudden thought stopped me right in front of the dining room door.

Lauren, who was following me, asked curiously.

"Is something wrong, My Lady?"

"Did the Duke invite her to dinner too?"

I didn't want to ask this because it seemed like I was conscious of Cecily, but I couldn't help but ask.

Lauren answered with a smile as if she knew what I was worried about.

"No. The Duke only invited you, My Lady."

"Really?"

Well, I'm glad to hear that, but...

No, it is fortunate that only the huge mountain called Philen remains.

I took a deep breath and entered the dining room.

"Leila."

Philen, who was already here, greeted me with a bright smile. His attitude was completely different to the point where I doubted whether he was the same person who spoke rudely to me in the morning.

Philen also showed uncharacteristic kindness. He even pulled out the chair himself.

What is he trying to say to me by doing that?

I paid close attention to Philen, trying to figure out his intentions, but I couldn't. Because I didn't have a knack for reading thoughts.

Soon the food came out and the uncomfortable dinner began.

To be precise, I was the only one who felt uncomfortable. Philen ate as if nothing had happened and treated me like before.

Does he think we can go back to the way we used to be?

If that was the case, Philen was clearly mistaken. It was just like broken glass couldn't be mended again. Even if it was mended, its marks would remain, that's why we couldn't go back to the old days.