Chapter-29

"Yes?"

Leila blinked as if she had no idea what was going on.

Kalian also realized that he had asked a strange question and rubbed his face with his hand.

"I asked you because you followed me so obediently without asking where we were going. Some usually ask questions, you know?"

"Ah, weren't we going to Greenery street?"

Greenery street was a place where shops selling all kinds of goods related to nature, such as seeds, trees, and flowers, were gathered.

Kalian asked, slightly surprised as if Leila saw through his mind.

"How did you know?"

"You said you were looking for plants. So, of course, I thought we would go to Greenery street."

"...I see."

Kalian, who tried to provoke her, nodded bitterly.

Kalian took a step that had stopped. Leila followed him and said in a low voice.

"I hope you find what you're looking for there."

Kalian responded bluntly without looking back at Leila.

"What would you say if I used it for something bad? For example, I use it to kill someone."

Leila, who was silent for a moment at the eerie words, replied in a still calm voice.

"If it's Mr. Carl, I'm sure there's a reason for that."

"Does that mean you trust me?"

Kalian stopped walking again and looked back at her.

The serene black eyes and the confused blue eyes met in the air.

"Is that so?"

"Yes."

It was great disloyalty for the nobles not to trust their emperor.

So she had to trust him, and even if she didn't, it was the right thing to say in front of him.

Of course, Leila trusted Kalian.

Not only because he was an emperor, but she found out that Kalian was a good person after a few conversations.

If he were a bad person, he wouldn't have saved her and the girl from that rude.

He wouldn't have comforted her by talking to her, who was crying under the tree.

He also opened the way for me to become an official.

She received so much help, so there's no doubting him.

This might change depending on how he ruled the Empire in the future, but so far,

"I trust Mr. Carl."

A calm smile was drawn on her lips with an honest, plain answer and with no technique at all.

That's not awkward at all. It was a normal smile, but for some reason, Kalian turned his head, slightly frowning.

Leila didn't know that his face had turned slightly red because of that.

Even Kalian himself.

The first time I learned about Quilts was about five years ago when there was a famine in our territory and others.

Since last year, I was worried because the precipitation had gradually decreased, but as expected, a terrible drought came that year.

Thanks to the pre-storage of grain, I could somehow get through that year, but the future was a problem.