Chapter-51

Kalian, who was about to rebuke him for being afraid of useless things, swallowed what he was going to say in response to what Ver added.

After all, the person who was most likely to be hurt by this problem was none other than Leila.

Surely she would cry again. Although she looked strong on the outside, she was a soft-hearted person on the inside.

Kalian had seen Leila cry twice.

First, under the big tree.

Second, in his drawing-room.

Until now, he didn't agree with the saying that women's tears are a weapon but seeing Leila's tears changed his mind.

She looked pathetic and pitiful.

It felt like seeing a pitiful kitten wet in the pouring rain.

That's why he wanted to comfort her asking if she was okay, but he couldn't do that because he was afraid Leila's pride would be hurt by his nosy sympathy.

The thought of Leila crying again made Kalian feel bad. He frowned and clenched his jaw.

"Should I send them all to the workhouse? That way, they wouldn't have such useless thoughts."

"I hope you dream that while you sleep."

Kalian's eyebrow went up slightly at the criticism that came back to him.

"My aide is very nice."

"I'm nice."

After responding indifferently, Ver bowed his head.

"Then, I'll leave now because I'm busy. Please finish the documents I gave you by tomorrow."

"By tomorrow? It's too tight."

"Well, if you find it hard, you can give it to me a little later. Starting from tomorrow, it will be done by Sir Thebesa, not me."

He wondered why Ver, who had always been whining hard saying it had to be done within the schedule, was leaving so meekly, it turned out there's a reason for everything.

Of course. This guy couldn't have changed.

Kalian let out an annoying sigh and waved his hand.

*****

The time has come to go to the office to report to His Majesty.

"Huu."

I stood up with the documents and took a deep breath.

Up until now, I was in the position of receiving reports, so when it was the other way around, I felt awkward and nervous.

"Hello, My Lady."

"Hello, Mr. Head attendant."

As I went around frequently as an aide, I also made some acquaintance with Rahel, the head attendant.

The head attendant smiled slightly at the documents I was holding.

"Starting from today, will you report directly to His Majesty, My Lady?"

"Yes. It just happened. It's my first time, so I'm nervous."

"You will do well, My Lady."

"Thank you for saying that."

Rahel responded with a smile.

"Then I will inform His Majesty that you're here."

"Please do that."