Chapter-22

I blinked my eyes out and looked at him.

Philen was looking down at me with dreadful eyes. He looked angry.

Why is he so angry? Don't tell me, he heard about what happened between me and Sophia earlier?

"Why..."

I thought I need to ask for sure rather than guessing. But as soon as I opened my mouth, Philen grabbed me hard on the shoulder and asked fiercely.

"Why are you cheating?"

Cheating? Who? Don't tell me, me?

Ridiculous. At his words that were so out of the blue, I looked at him with a dumbfounded expression.

Thinking that my expression was positive, Philen made a more harsh impression.

"I can't believe you openly cheated on me in a place like this. So audacious."

"...who is cheating?"

I frowned and pushed away his hand that was holding my shoulder painfully.

There's no one here, so I spoke informally.

"I don't know where or what you heard, but I never did."

"I saw it with my own two eyes, okay?"

"You saw it with your own two eyes... Don't tell me, are you talking about me having a conversation with His Majesty?"

"It's not just that. You even hug His Majesty."

Ha. I didn't think it would be because of that.

I answered irritatedly, pressing down the middle of my forehead.

"I didn't hug His Majesty. His Majesty caught me because I was about to fall. I was simply getting help."

"Do you want me to believe that?"

"You're free to believe it or not, but I am innocent."

When I spoke confidently without batting an eye, Philen's expression shook slightly.

"Then why did you smile so brightly in front of His Majesty?"

"Then, do you want me to frown when talking to His Majesty? Hmm? Should I yell in a fit of irritation?"

Philen, who kept his mouth shut as if at a loss for words, said sulkily.

"You, you've never smiled so lightly in front of me."

"I never smiled lightly."

Like all nobles, it was just a decent smile for hospitality.

"And the reason I didn't smile in front of you is because there's nothing to smile about. You're doing weird things these days, so how am I supposed to smile?"

"I'm doing weird things?"

When Philen asked as if he had no idea, I was blown away.

As expected, Philen really didn't know what he had done wrong.

From where should I start teaching him this?

No, would he understand if I taught him?

I'm sure he won't understand.

Rather, it was obvious that he would treat me like a strange woman.

"Perhaps, is it because of Cecily?"

Fortunately, it seemed like Philen didn't sell his tact completely because he asked that.

As I silently affirmed, Philen sighed.