Chapter-137

Early morning.

Kalian, who came into the office earlier than usual, sat at his desk and picked up the morning newspapers that the servant had brought in advance.

Among the numerous newspapers, the first he picked was Jena Daily, to which Drog belonged.

The newspaper was full of stories about the orphanage's opening ceremony. Leila's story didn't seem boring either.

Baron Leila Aster contributed greatly to the success of this childcare project.

Reporters reported everything they saw and heard, including that the Emperor named the first childcare institution 'Aster Orphanage' to congratulate her.

There was also an article about Leila and Kalian's relationship. It was none other than Drog who wrote it.

[The relationship between His Majesty the Emperor Kalian de Cheffel Yousveldia and Baron Leila Aster was extremely businesslike... (ellipsis)... The rumor about Baron Leila Aster being the Emperor's mistress was confirmed to be false.]

From the verbose article, he could feel how much Drog wanted to live.

Kalian then also checked the newspapers from other sources. Other newspapers also had articles mentioning the relationship between Kalian and Leila. Though the content was slightly different, the overall framework was the same.

'Leila is not the Emperor's mistress. She is merely an aide.'

All the newspapers said so.

Kalian smiled and put the newspaper down.

"They all said the same thing, so I guess I've manipulated them."

In hindsight, manipulation was correct. He threatened them to write the truth instead of covering facts with lies.

Truthfully, he didn't think publishing articles like this could change people's minds overnight. Well, at least one big controversy would subside. He was satisfied with it as there would be no more people asking about their relationship as they did at the press conference.

"..."

It was definitely a good thing, but he didn't feel so good. It felt weird, just like he didn't clean himself after doing his business.

What is it?

Kalian put his chin on his hand and thought.

The first thing that came to his mind was Drog's rude behavior.

In front of him, he couldn't say a word properly, and yet in front of Leila and Ver, he was so talkative.

That means he's ignoring Leila and Ver.

Kalian was very displeased with that fact and twisted his lips.

I should have scolded him a little more.

He regretted not doing that. That's probably why he was feeling weird right now.

"But that's all nonsense. I swear to heaven, I have never had a relationship with His Majesty more than as an aide."

He suddenly remembered what Leila had said.

"And in the future, I have no intention of forming a relationship with His Majesty more than as an aide."

She was right, and that was a sure thing. Kalian also had no intention of forming a relationship with Leila more than an aide.

But why do her words make me feel so upset?