Chapter-92

There were two carriages headed to the temple, one for me and one for Aldor and Marquis Hutton.

Sir Hiltine rode in the same carriage as the Huttons. He watched Aldor without a single glitch, and Aldor looked at him with an uneasy look throughout.

It was the same even after arriving at the temple. He looked like a man with a crooked back.

"Aldor, can't you get your act together?!"

When Marquis Hutton shouted with a harsh voice, Aldor looked at him with a white-washed face.

"But Father...!"

"It will be fine. You've done nothing wrong, so don't worry about it."

...does Marquis Hutton really know nothing?

I was starting to get a little confused by Marquis Hutton's behavior, which was too confident.

I was standing in front of the carriage and looking at them when people came out of the temple. They were priests in unblemished white priest uniforms.

"What brings you here at this late hour, Marquis Hutton?"

A man with a gold rim on his robe stepped forward and asked.

It meant that he was a high priest. Lower priests had no rims and were engraved with purple, blue, and gold borders according to their rank.

"We are here for the sacred trial."

On behalf of Marquis Hutton, I took a step forward and answered.

The high priest turned to me.

"You are...?"

I put my hand on my chest and bowed lightly.

"My name is Leila Thebesa, who is an aide to the Emperor and is now the Emperor's agent."

"Oh my, excuse me, Sir Thebesa. I am Clima, a humble servant of God."

"Nice to meet you, Priest Clima."

After exchanging brief greetings, I explained the purpose of my visit here again.

"I'm sorry at this late hour, but I would be grateful if you could conduct the sacred trial to determine who is right because my words and Lord Aldor Hutton are different."

"Sacred... trial?"

Priest Clima asked me in disbelief.

As I nodded, the other priests, except for Priest Clima, began to chatter.

It was natural for them to react like that when they heard two decent nobles wanted the sacred trial, an interrogation usually conducted for heinous criminals.

"I don't know what the cause is, but I think it would be better for the two of you to settle the matter through dialogue rather than undergo the sacred trial."

"We wouldn't have come here if we could resolve it through dialogue."

I answered while looking at Aldor. Aldor, who made eye contact with me, blatantly avoided my gaze.

"Once again, I want to go on the sacred trial."

"Oh my..."

Priest Clima sighed in regret and looked at Aldor.

"Is Lord Hutton on the same page?"

Instead of answering directly, Aldor looked at Marquis Hutton. His face was still as pale as a blank sheet of paper.

Marquis Hutton, who had been silent with a heavy face despite his son's anxious gaze, nodded.

"Of course."