Chapter-36

Unexpectedly, I stayed in the mansion longer and had read all the books I brought with me.

Countess Thebesa, who said she would come early in the morning, didn't come even when the sun was rising in the middle of the sky.

Tired of waiting, and a bit bored, I headed to the study to find a book to read while waiting for Countess Thebesa.

After the death of the former duke and his wife, I was the only one who used the duke's study.

The real owner, Philen, returned, but he didn't even come near the study.

He did go to the study in the capital's mansion, but that was only once. After that, he never went there anymore.

So when I opened the door to the study without much thought, I stopped when I found a big, elongated silhouette standing in front of a bookshelf.

"Philen?"

It was then did he realize I was here. Philen looked back at me, slightly surprised.

"What are you doing here?"

"What about you? What brings you to the study?"

"I was looking at the document and there was a weird part, so I tried to find it."

I glanced at the book Philen was holding. On the outside of the thick book, the title 'Understanding Welfare' was written in large letters.

Philen Williot and books. It wasn't a good combination. It was even more awkward because I rarely saw him holding a book.

"Isn't it your turn to answer now?"

"I was bored waiting for the Countess, so I came here to pick a book to read in the meantime."

Philen stood aside from the bookshelf without saying a word.

I thanked him with an eye gesture, then glanced through the books.

I had read almost all the books in the study, so it was harder to find books I haven't read.

I managed to find a book I hadn't read, but it was in a high place out of my reach.

As I was looking around to find something to climb on, an arm stretched out and pulled out the book I wanted.

"This is right?"

"Oh, yeah. Thank you."

I trembled a bit and reached out to receive the book.

But Philen stared at the book without giving it to me.

"The philosophy of essay. I don't think such a difficult book is suitable to read to pass the time."

"Is that so? I don't really know."

"Come to think of it, you brought a bunch of similar books."

Philen asked in a tone as if he suddenly remembered.

"What about all those books that you're looking for new ones?"

"I've read it all."

"All of that?"

"It's not a lot. There are only four books."

In the past, when I was busy living with work, I wouldn't be able to read a single book, but not now.

I still even have time after reading the 4th book carefully.

"You're going to be a duchess now, so why don't you read a book about the social world rather than a book like this?"

"Of course I will. But before that, the official test comes first, so I'll read that first."

Philen's brows narrowed.