Chapter-41

A desperate familiar voice could be heard through the half-closed door.

"Please wait a minute!"

This voice...

Kalian, who was about to go back, stopped on the spot. His head turned on its own.

Ver, who confirmed Kalian's reaction, gestured.

"Open the door again."

The huge half-closed stone door opened again.

After a while, a woman in a slightly messy dress rushed into the stone door.

Her hair, which was not properly groomed, was a mess, and her dress was also shabby.

"Haa haa."

Perhaps the woman had run in a hurry, she stood still and caught her breath for a moment.

"Thank, you."

In the meantime, it was funny seeing her not forget to say thank you to the servants.

Everyone in the test hall, including Kalian, looked at the woman.

Except for Kalian and Ver, most of them thought she was just a woman who came here for a business.

They didn't think she was an examinee for the official test like they were.

That's because there's no precedent for a woman to become an official of the empire.

Besides, it's not a short-term job, but an aide to the emperor.

A woman in such an important position?

It was ridiculous. It couldn't have happened.

In the midst of everyone's murmuring, Kalian glanced at Ver.

Ver, who knew what Kalian wanted, sighed quietly and approached the woman.

The woman, who was catching her breath with her upper body bent slightly, straightened her back as Ver approached.

Her outfit was a bit shabby and messy, but the dignity that couldn't be hidden flowed out from the woman.

It was just eye contact, but he thought that he shouldn't dare to treat her recklessly.

As expected, a noble is a noble.

Ver placed his hand on his chest and greeted her politely.

"My name is Ver Delrond. You are Lady Leila Thebesa, right?"

"Yes, that's right."

When the woman, Leila, answered, the people murmured once again.

Philen Williot's fiancée.

The woman who will soon become Duchess Williot.

The daughter of Count Thebesa.

...and the illegitimate child of Count Thebesa.

BANG-

The people, who were murmuring as they looked at Leila, turned to look at Kalian in surprise when he slammed the table hard.

"Noisy."

Kalian, who was seated on the highest seat, looked at the people as sharp as a well-forged blade.

The people hurriedly lowered their eyes for fear of making eye contact with Kalian.

"It's already past the test time, so everyone shut up."

Everyone shut their mouths at once as if cold water had been poured by Kalian's words.

Even the supervisors stood still with their mouths shut, but there were only two people moving.