Chapter-58

There's an awkward silence.

The baron stared at the floor, not at me, and opened his mouth heavily.

"Sir too also knows... It is the first time since the founding of the country that a woman became an aide to serve His Majesty."

The baron glanced at me and continued.

"That's why other nobles don't recognize Sir as an aide."

"Even if I passed the official test and became an aide?"

"...some nobles consider that to be cheating."

Cheating?!

I was taken aback and shouted.

"I never cheat or anything like that!"

"I know. I, His Majesty, and the scholars who held the test together with me do not think so."

"But other nobles think so."

The baron agreed with me and sighed deeply like a sinkhole was going to form.

"That's why the nobles call Sir a fake aide. They just, they just think what they want to think and say whatever they want."

It was like that, huh?

Finding out something I didn't know made me feel relieved and heavy at the same time.

I expected the nobles wouldn't recognize me, but I didn't expect it would be this much.

"I'm sorry, Baron."

"Why are you apologizing, Sir? They're the ones who did the wrong thing."

"That's true, but..."

"Sir is doing well enough."

The baron looked at me and smiled.

"Please just do as you do now. Then those foolish nobles will realize what they've done wrong and acknowledge you."

"Is that so?"

"Of course. I guarantee it."

The baron's warm words were a great strength to me.

Yeah, right. No matter what other people say, I just have to do what I have to do quietly.

My heart, which had been so heavy, became a little lighter.

I smiled and thanked the baron.

"Thank you, Baron."

"Don't mention it. So shall we go again? The books are a bit heavy."

"Ah, give it to me. I will hold it."

"It's not heavy enough to hand it over to you, Sir."

The baron gave a playful wink and walked ahead.

I aligned the slightly disorganized book and followed him.

"Come to think of it, how is Hutton's business going?"

Hutton was a huge port city on the east side of the Empire.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that all the trade of the Empire took place there.

However, in recent years, pirates had been rampant, and they had been causing many troubles.

"You don't have to worry. Since Hutton is fine now."

"Is that so?"

That's a relief.

"The problem is Khan."

As soon as I swept my chest in relief, the baron added.

"Khan? Are you talking about the island located in the southeast of Hutton?"