Chapter- 104

Ver was slightly startled by Kalian's somewhat hasty action and looked up at him.

"She's sleeping now, so come back later."

The sun had just set and she was already sleeping?

As expected, it was clear that she was sick. Ver's forehead wrinkled.

"What about you?"

"Later."

After answering in an unfamiliar, quiet voice, Kalian pulled Ver's arm.

Ver, who was dragged in surprise, was released in the hallway quite far from Leila's room.

Kalian handed the soup tray he was holding to Ver.

"Go and hand it to the kitchen."

Now you're making me do this kind of errand?

As Ver sighed openly, Kalian added.

"If you see a maid or servant, you can hand it to them."

"Yes, I will."

Yeah, it's better than Kalian giving it himself, right?

If rumors spread that Kalian took the soup in person to Leila, everyone would be babbling that he had brought Leila in as his mistress.

...even to his eyes, Kalian's behavior was strange right now, he wondered if other people would be shocked.

In the past, when Ver was sick, Kalian also took care of him, but he just ordered all of his subordinates. He had never brought a soup in person or put on such a deep face. That's why Kalian's behavior now seemed strange to Ver's eyes.

It wasn't like a boss who simply took care of his aide.

Then...

"Your Majesty. You have not forgotten the promise you made with Duke Giltian, have you?"

Kalian looked at Ver quietly.

"What do you mean all of a sudden?"

"No, just. I wonder if you remember it well."

Kalian stared at Ver with his undisturbed eyes and lightly pushed his forehead with his index finger.

"Stop talking nonsense and go back. Make sure you eat your dinner."

"Yes yes."

Ver rubbed his forehead with his free hand.

"Your Majesty too, don't skip your dinner."

"Do you think I would do that?"

After saying goodbye, Ver went his way.

Kalian stood there for a while until Ver was out of sight, then turned around. He headed straight to Leila's room.

Kalian, who stopped in front of Leila's room as quietly as possible, put his ear to the door like a thief.

A faint cry could be heard through the thick, well-insulated door.

Is she still crying?

How long has it been? Looks like it's been over an hour.

A long sigh came out between his open lips.

Kalian looked into the air while rubbing his face with his hand.

Seeing Hiltine return with the unconscious Leila, he knew that she had met Philen.

Hiltine said he didn't hear what they were talking about, but Kalian could roughly guess it.

They must have talked about his mistress's child's stillbirth. Because Philen thinks that Leila instigated someone to kill his mistress's child.