Chapter-60

"No way."

A ray of light could be seen through the dark darkness.

Leila raised her blurry eyes.

Then she saw a man smiling affectionately at her.

She knew it was a man, but she couldn't remember who it was.

He feels familiar, it looks like he's someone I've seen often... Who is it?

Leila, who was staring blankly at the man, slowly blinked her eyes.

"You must be sleepy."

Is that so? Now that I heard him, it seems to be like that.

The only reason she couldn't sleep was because she was afraid of hearing thunder again.

She needed something else to mask the thunder.

For example...

"...sing me a song."

At Leila's request, the man smiled slightly.

"You're making a rude request, you know?"

"You don't want to?"

"And you're talking without honorifics."

The man acted like he wouldn't do it, but he slowly opened his mouth.

A low, sweet voice resounded softly. It was a charming voice.

His singing made her gradually become deaf and actually could no longer hear the sound of rain and thunder.

In Leila's ears, only the sound of Kalian's singing could be heard.

Since she couldn't hear the thunder anymore, her body, which had been trembling for a long time, calmed down little by little.

This is... a lullaby?

It was her first time. For someone to sing a lullaby for her.

Leila just always overheard the lullabies sung to other people.

So she got scolded several times.

They said she's surely an ignoble child, that's why she's acting like one.

However... A lullaby is such a sleepy song, huh?

Sadness disappeared in her eyes where the tears had stopped, and drowsiness filled the spot.

Distant drowsiness came rushing in.

Even though she thought that she shouldn't fall asleep like this, Leila couldn't defeat the drowsiness.

As her black eyes disappeared into her thin eyelids, her body drooped helplessly in Kalian's arms.

There's a faint smile on her lips that didn't match her tear-soaked face.

"What are you smiling about?"

Kalian chuckled as if it was ridiculous, and swept over Leila's hair that flowed over her face.

With his thumb, he wiped away all the tears left on her face and looked at the scars on Leila's ears.

Her ears were full of scars. There were many old scars besides the ones that had just occurred. There were also dents.

It looks like she has been suffering from this for quite some time.

"I guess you're not simply afraid of thunder."

What on earth happened to you, Leila?

He was curious, but he had no intention of asking. Because it's a big deal if he asked for nothing and dug through the painful wounds.