Chapter-109

"You can't, it's dangerous."

Kalian flatly refused.

"And if it's this matter, I can help you."

"No. I will do it myself."

"Are you not aware of the dangers of this matter?"

"But I still have to do it. Because it's my problem."

When I didn't break my stubbornness until the end, Kalian looked displeased.

"I've thought about it before, but you are stubborn about unnecessary things."

"Thank you."

"It's not a compliment."

Kalian leaned against the backrest and rested his head on his hand.

"So, you're asking me not to accept your resignation letter until the truth is revealed?"

"Yes. If I can't reveal the truth, then please accept my resignation letter."

"...there's no option for me to help, huh?"

"That can't be."

I got up and bowed politely to him.

"If I can't reveal the truth, may I be shameless and ask for Your Majesty's help?"

There was nothing to say even if it was my petty pride. However, as it was a matter of severing my bitter relationship with Philen, I wanted to solve it with my own hands, not anyone else's.

Moreover, there was one more reason why I insisted on this unlikely task. The belief that Kalian would save me when I was really in the worst situation.

It might seem shameless, but after hearing Baron Delrond's story, I was convinced.

I kept my head down until Kalian answered.

After a long silence, a sigh was heard.

"...alright."

When I looked up, I saw Kalian looking at me as if it was ridiculous.

"I'll do you a favor. Instead."

Jjiig-

The resignation letter was torn in half by Kalian's hand.

"Don't ever bring this to me again."

Kalian said, scattering pieces of completely torn paper whose original shape was unknown on the table.

"I will never let go of your hand unless you betray me."

*****

The resignation letter was given to Kalian in case of any unforeseen circumstances.

If my innocence was not proven and his position became difficult, Kalian could get away with it by saying 'she has nothing to do with me because she has already resigned as an aide'.

But Kalian did not accept my resignation letter and instead made me write a leave application. The period was one month. He took care of me by giving me enough time to reveal the truth of the case.

The more Kalian took care of me, the heavier my heart became. The feeling of guilt for making him care too much weighed heavily on my heart.

Back in the room, I put my hand on my chest and let out a low sigh.

I hope it's resolved.

I hope that I can stand in front of Kalian again proudly.

I eagerly pulled out my luggage.