Chapter-126

I came to the library to refresh myself, but it was useless.

My stomach still felt uncomfortable, and I didn't feel good. I tried to focus on the document, but I couldn't.

By the end of my lunch break, all I did was waste ink and paper needlessly.

I looked at the messy writing on the white paper.

[What's going on?]

[What is the schedule that only I don't know?]

[Why can't he just tell me?]

I inadvertently wrote down my true feelings.

An aide didn't necessarily have to know all their boss's schedules. They might not know the schedule for various reasons, such as because it was a personal schedule. So, there was no need to feel alienated or upset just because I didn't know Kalian's schedule.

There was no reason for that.

It's for certain, but... why am I so depressed?

"Huu."

With a long sigh, I crumpled the paper and threw it into the trash can.

Lunchtime was over, so it was time to return to the office. I grabbed the documents and left the library.

It was when I was walking down the road between the library and the inner palace to return to the office.

"Oh?"

I saw Kalian and Duke Giltian talking while walking on the other side.

He said he had a lunch schedule, so was it with Duke Giltian?

No. If that's the case, there's no reason for him not to be able to tell me.

Perhaps they met by chance while walking down the road like me.

"Leila."

Kalian also found me and approached me joyfully. Duke Giltian followed him from behind.

"Leila Aster, I see you two."

If Kalian had been alone, I would have lightly greeted him, but there was also Duke Giltian, so I bowed politely.

"Are you on your way back from the library?"

Kalian asked, looking at the documents I was holding.

"Yes."

"What about lunch?"

If I said I didn't eat because my stomach felt uncomfortable, he would be worried and nag at me.

"I already ate."

So even though I didn't want to lie, I still lied, but Kalian smiled.

"You didn't eat, huh?"

He sounded certain, without a doubt.

How did he know?

As I looked at him in surprise, Kalian pointed to the tail of my left eye.

"It shakes a little there when you lie."

Is that so? It's my first time knowing about it.

I smiled awkwardly and touched the area he pointed out.

"Why didn't you have lunch?"

"...my stomach felt uncomfortable."

It's no use lying again, so I answered honestly,

Unsurprisingly, Kalian looked at me with a worried face. This was why I didn't want to be honest.

I should be uncomfortable with the fact that I made Kalian worry about me again, but strangely, my disappointment was relieved.