Chapter-56

Thanks to Sir Hiltine's help, I was able to arrive at the office on time.

I put the documents to report to Kalian in my arm, and 'it' in my pocket.

And, as usual, I greeted Rahel, who was guarding the door, then entered the emperor's office.

Kalian was sitting at his desk, looking at the documents.

"You're here."

I bowed slightly to him, and then put the report I had brought on the desk.

"This is the report on taxes from each territory."

Kalian's gaze shifted from the document he was looking at to the report I had put down.

He picked up the topmost document and scanned it quickly.

"Since taxes have been lowered because of the war, there are opinions that it is okay to raise it again now."

"Such nonsense."

Kalian smirked a little and put down the document again.

"It hasn't been long since the war ended, and the overall situation is still unstable, but to raise taxes? Do they want to skin a flea for its hide?"

[T/N: skin a flea for its hide means to exploit very little profit by unfair means.]

I agree with that, but...

"Still, I think we need to raise the tax."

Then Kalian looked at me. He looked surprised.

"I didn't know you'd say that. Why do you think so?"

"Because of the budget."

I chose the budget part of the report and put it aside so he could see it well.

"As you can see, the budget is being spent more than expected due to successive events, relief projects, and issues with the bereaved family."

Kalian's expression became serious.

Of course, it was.

The state of the national treasury was also serious in my opinion. The six-year-long war was a problem.

However, the situation of the people of the Empire wasn't very good to pay a lot of tax.

As Kalian said, it was nothing but skin a flea for its hide.

However, as shown in the data, the situation in the national treasury wasn't good, so we had to collect more taxes.

Of course, we'll have to take it from those who have it, not the fleas.

"If I dare to say something..."

As I was about to express my opinion that I had prepared in advance, Kalian suddenly grabbed my hand.

It didn't stop there, but he rolled up my sleeve.

All of a sudden, what...

I panicked and tried to pull my hand from him.

But Kalian didn't let go of my hand. Rather, he pulled my hand closer to him.

As a result, my upper body leaned on the desk.

I put my other hand on the desk and supported my body so that I didn't fall.

"Your Majesty."

"Did you get hurt?"

Huh? Did you get hurt? What... Ah.

I finally realized why Kalian was doing this and exclaimed quietly.

I won't pick up the trash i threw away againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें