Chapter-88

Is it because the one who said it is a woman?

Or is it because Diane's words didn't feel strange to me?

Although I was embarrassed by her words, I didn't feel insulted.

As I blushed and waved my hand, Diane laughed out loud.

While we were chatting about this and that, we arrived at the main hall.

The chandelier's light was reflected on the clean marble and sparkled like stars.

On one side of the hall, a small band was playing music, and in the center, fancy-dressed people gathered in twos and threes and chatted.

Marquis Hutton put in a lot of effort, doesn't he?

Well, it's only natural because the diplomatic missions from the other country were here.

"Oh, Sir Thebesa is here."

Marquis Hutton approached with a pleasant smile.

He greeted Diane lightly and then looked around me.

"Why are you alone? Didn't Aldor go to escort you?"

"He came, but I refused."

Marquis Hutton's expression hardened slightly.

"Why did you refuse? Has my son perhaps done something rude to Sir again?"

What to do? I can't directly say that I refused because I didn't like it.

"It's because I applied for an escort to Lady Thebesa first."

When I was contemplating, Diane interrupted the conversation with a smile.

"I think she refused because she already had a prior appointment with me. I'm sorry, Marquis."

"Hmm, there's no need. If there's a prior appointment, there's nothing she could do."

Thanks to Diane, I was able to get through the difficult situation flexibly.

I said thank you to Diane through my eyes.

Then Diane responded with a wink.

She was really a pleasant fellow.

That's why I liked Diane even more. I wanted to emulate her cheerful personality.

"Then let's do this."

After thinking for a moment, Marquis Hutton smiled brightly again.

"You can have the first dance with Aldor."

Usually, the first dance was performed with someone closely related, such as a family member or lover.

But first dance with Aldor?

It was absurd and disconcerting.

I wanted to refuse, but it was difficult because I had already rejected Aldor's escort. Not once, but twice, and it was an insult to the other person if I refused again.

There's nothing good for me to insult Marquis Hutton's son.

But I didn't want to dance, so what should I do?

"Sir Thebesa seems to dislike dancing with Lord Hutton."

"La, Lady!"

As Diane spoke my mind, I hurriedly stopped her and looked at Marquis Hutton.

His expression looked worse than before.

Of course, he would be like that. Because no one liked to hear this.