Chapter-110

The last day of the proposal came.

Philen had told Leila that if she didn't come by today, he would report her to the guards, but he had no intention of doing so. Because Leila would come anyway. Philen had no doubts in the slightest.

So Philen gave the butler an order.

"I will return to the estate as soon as Leila arrives, so prepare for it."

"I understand."

"And report to me as soon as Leila arrives."

As the butler left to carry out his orders, Philen sat on the sofa and checked the document.

It was a wizard contract document. He wanted to hire a wizard that had been delayed because Cecily had to give birth, even though it was a stillbirth.

"It's more expensive than I thought."

He heard that the price of a wizard was getting higher as winter approached, but he didn't expect it to go up like this.

Should I wait a bit and hire a wizard in the spring? It's winter soon anyway, and there's no farming in winter.

It was when he was thinking that it would be okay.

"Duke."

The butler who had left came back. Philen rose from his seat with delight, putting the document down.

"Is Leila here?"

"No, but we got a call from the Duke's mansion in the estate."

It's the estate, not Leila.

Philen, dispirited, sat down again.

"Bring it."

With Philen's permission, the butler brought the magic communication tool.

When the butler touched the communication tool on the table, a blue light flashed and someone's face appeared.

[Phil!]

It was Cecily.

After beckoning the butler to leave, Philen asked Cecily.

"Have you eaten lunch?"

[Yes, I have. Has Phil eaten lunch?]

"Not yet."

[It's already 2pm and you haven't eaten yet?]

Is it already this time?

And Leila hasn't come yet.

There were still 10 more hours left before the day passed, but he was worried about what would happen if Leila did not come.

It can't be.

Leila was the type of person who hated seeing others harmed because of her. If she didn't come, it would surely harm not only her but also the emperor, so she would definitely come.

Therefore, even though he thought there was no need for him to be anxious, he couldn't get rid of the anxiety that kept rising in his head.

Philen stroked his chin with deep wrinkles between his brows.

[Your complexion looks bad, Phil. What happened?]

"...no, nothing."

Philen breathed heavily and fixed his expression.

He didn't want to show others, including Cecily, that he was thinking this way.

"So, what's the matter?"

[Is something must happen to be able to contact you?]

"No way."

Although the child was a stillbirth, Cecily was the woman who had his first child.