Chapter- 158

The king of the Holy Kingdom also served as the Pope. Therefore, the king of the Holy Kingdom couldn't pass the throne to his children, but to the one chosen by God.

Even if the chosen one was an infant, the principle was to pass the throne immediately if a new God-chosen one appeared.

Of course, it was rare for a newborn baby to inherit it. However, the current king and pope of the Holy Kingdom, Mystiodis III, was one of those rare heirs who inherited the throne.

As a result, even though he was only 20 years old, his reign lasted over 20 years. That's why Mystiodis III looked so young compared to his long reign.

Mystiodis III had two younger sisters, one of whom had already married a nobleman of the Holy Kingdom. It was unlikely that he would have applied for national marriage with a princess who was already married.

That meant that the remaining princess would be the one to have the national marriage. But the problem was that the princess was only 10 this year while Kalian was 27. The two were 17 years apart.

It wasn't that there wasn't a couple who were 17 years apart. Even if it was uncommon, it wasn't that rare.

Still, it's a little weird that the other person is a child who hasn't even had her coming-of-age ceremony.

If they were the same age, I didn't know, but there was a big difference.

I wondered what Mystiodis III was thinking when he asked for national marriage. I also wondered if Kalian would accept this national marriage.

Although the Holy Kingdom was a small kingdom, it was very prosperous because it was protected by God.

Was that all? Through the temples, he could influence other countries as well. That's why, diplomatically speaking, it was good to accept the national marriage, but as expected, the princess's age was the problem.

If she had had her coming-of-age ceremony, I wouldn't have been this bothered. Yet, even though it bothered me a lot, I could do nothing because even if it was a national marriage with diplomatic issues, it was still a marriage. This part was deeply related to the emperor's private life.

As an aide, it wasn't my part to interfere. But I didn't know if Kalian asked me what he should do.

Inwardly, I hoped Kalian would ask, but he never said a word about national marriage.

I felt terribly sad about that. My heart was also stuffy.

Should I just ask him that?

I thought about it countless times, but in the end, I couldn't ask.

That's how time passed. And finally, New Year's Day began.

On the first day, the parade was held to mark the beginning of New Year's Day and to show the emperor's soundness.

It was for today that I practiced horseback riding hard.

"Your riding suit suits you well."

Kalian smiled and complimented me.

"Thank you."

It was just a casual compliment, but it made me feel good.

"Today's event, it'll go well, right?"

"Of course. I will do my best not to become a nuisance to Your Majesty."

"What do you mean by that?"

Kalian tilted his head as if he didn't understand.

"It's not you who I'm worried about, but myself."

"Yes?"

"Today is my first official march. That's why I was worried if I could do well."