Chapter-31

...that's how you always thought of me, huh?

I felt deeply skeptical about how much he ignored me to make such noises in front of other people without any hesitation.

"I'll give you advice for your sake, My Lady. It's useless, so don't waste your time."

It seemed like I was hearing a lot of 'useless' words today.

But I had no intention of moving according to his will, so I looked straight at him and said, "It's my time, so I'll take care of it."

"It sounds like you're going to take the official test until the end."

"Anyone in the Empire can take the test, regardless of gender. There's no reason why I can't."

"I bet the Lady will never pass the test."

"What if I pass?"

It was unlucky to be resolutely certain. But I was annoyed, so I asked back sternly.

Philen maybe didn't expect me to ask back. He looked at me with slightly bewildered eyes, and then he smiled and raised his chin.

"If the Lady passes this official test, I'll grant you one thing you want."

I reflexively wanted to ask if it would be possible to get Cecily and her child out, but I resisted.

It couldn't have been possible, and if I asked that, I would be treated as a woman blinded by jealousy again.

Even if it was possible, it wasn't something to be brought out now.

I would tell him later after I really passed the official test. That way, I was able to keep Philen from saying no.

"Then please notarize it."

This was about Cecily, and I thought it would be better to have a confirmation, so I asked him to notarize it.

Then Philen showed signs of discomfort.

"Do you have to go that far?"

"Why? Is there any reason why you can't notarize it?"

When I looked at him as if asking him to tell me if there was, Philen smiled.

"All right. I'll notarize it. Instead, the Lady will also have to grant me one thing."

"Okay."

I nodded willingly.

"Can I also make a wish like a Duke?"

"Well, yes. What I want is already decided."

"What do you want?"

"To Cecily."

I just heard the name, but my body reacted automatically and I flinched. I had an uneasy feeling.

"Please bow your head politely and apologize for what you have done, Lady Thebesa."

As always, the uneasy premonition didn't miss.

I wouldn't have felt so bad or annoyed if I was asked to apologize to Philen.

Even though it was a bit annoying, I would have granted it, but if it was Cecily, it was a different matter.

Cecily was a woman who wanted to crush me somehow.

What would happen if I bowed my head and apologized?

It was clear that she would raise her chin and be proud. Was that all? She would look at me and laugh uncontrollably.