Chapter-143

"Yeees? We're going to treat His Majesty to dinner on the weekend?"

When Sarah heard it, she freaked out. While Ness's face turned white.

"I mean... Why do we suddenly have to treat His Majesty to dinner?"

"It's because I have something to repay His Majesty."

It was okay to repay him for teaching me horseback riding. Of course, I also thought I had to repay him. But, if the repayment was to invite him to the mansion and treat him to dinner, it was a different story.

From decorating the mansion to food, there were too many things to take care of.

I could invite Baron Delrond lightly because he was a baron, same as me, and was a relatively comfortable partner. But I never expected Kalian would take his place instead. I never even thought Kalian would teach me horseback riding.

I sighed as much as the worry I felt inside.

Sarah and Ness then said anxiously.

"What should we prepare for dinner? It's His Majesty the Emperor, not anyone else, so it shouldn't be a common dish, right?"

"Ah, it's not just cooking. We need to clean up as well. Because we cannot let His Majesty into a shabby place."

What Sarah and Ness were worried about was what I was worried about too.

"Tomorrow, go to the grocery store first. Also, all ingredients must be of the highest quality."

"Yes, Baron."

"And cleaning..."

I stopped talking and looked around the mansion.

A total of four workers were residing in the mansion, and among them, Sarah and Ness were the only maids in charge of cleaning the mansion. Hans was in charge of managing the carriages and horses, while Paul was mainly in charge of cleaning the garden and firewood.

Sarah and Ness, can the two of them clean up this big mansion?

No matter how much I thought about it, it was impossible. Even if Hans and Paul helped, it seemed too much.

Then I need to hire people.

Having organized my thoughts in my head, I turned to Ness.

"Ness, call the head of the Manpower office right now."

"Yes, My Lady."

*****

"1 gold per day?"

Perhaps because it was a work for the noble, the pay was several times better than in other places. It was also a simple house cleaning, not a difficult task.

The head of the Manpower office said it could be difficult because it was a mansion cleaning, but it was okay. Because cleaning was her specialty. She could do it no matter how many times.

What should I do when I get 1 gold?

First, I'll buy Mom's medicine. And then, I'm going to buy some bread for Sister.

"Hehe."

Just thinking about it made her feel good. The girl's cheeks were blushing.

If I cleaned well and the noble saw it, I might be able to work as a maid in that house.

Becoming a maid in a noble's mansion was a dream job for commoner girls. Salaries were high, and there were also bonuses.

If I get a job as a maid, I can earn money for Mom's medicine and food.