Chapter 18

Two people with little experience in growing vegetables, in a room with almost no light but only the blessing of fluorescent lamps, finally grew vegetables that can be fried for at least one plate.

Holding a small basket of cabbage picked out of the earthen pot, Qin Huai looked at Mu Nan who was still picking inside, looking for ripe and ready to pick: "You don't like to eat cabbage, why would you grow this?"

Mu Nan said: "This grows fast, I want to see how long it takes to harvest a batch if planted like this."

Qin Huai smiled: "You only grow fast when you grow seedlings. If you start directly from breeding, it won't be so fast."

Mu Nan, who was sure that nothing slipped through the net, stood up from a pile of earthen pots, and put the two handfuls of cabbage in his hand into the small basket Qin Huai handed over: "Try slowly, our family doesn't have any from the village, so we don't have any." I don't know people who will go to the ground, and I don't know who to ask if I want to ask someone. I can only rely on myself. Apart from this, I can't think of the days in the future. Before the social order is restored, what can we do for a living? You make software Yes, I paint, people have food and clothing problems, so there is no need for spiritual food."

Mu Nan said again: "Anyway, we don't rely on this to make a living. It's just a superficial way to make a living. If it really works, it's also a livelihood."

Qin Huai: "After the earthquake, did the country start rebuilding soon?"

Mu Nan thought about it for a while: "It's not too fast. I, I just dreamed that after the earthquake, many people went to the ruins to pluck things, food and valuables. Many people rummaged but no one cared. I also saw There are rescue teams, but most of them are self-rescue. For a while, it was quite disorderly and chaotic, and then began to have a base."

At that time, the number of private bases began to increase. Of course, those private bases were not for charity. If you want to live in a place with water and electricity supply, you have to provide corresponding supplies. It used to be money, but after the earthquake, money is worthless. So gold, silver, jade, and food can be exchanged. Where did those things come from? Naturally, they were pulled out of the ruins.

At that time, Mu Nan, of course, followed the crowd to rummage through the ruins for a while, otherwise he would eat and drink behind closed doors, which is too abnormal. It was not easy during that time, the weather was hot, and the earthquake shook him. There are many collapsed houses and buildings. Not to mention the heavy stones, you have to be careful under your feet. If you accidentally loosen the stones under your feet, there are many people who fall into the pit and die, not to mention He said that he often sees a decomposed corpse or broken limbs when he removes a stone.

Those days can be regarded as an important turning point for Mu Nan to face the apocalypse, and it was also the first time he truly experienced the cruelty of death in the apocalypse. He still remembers that he clearly had a space of food at that time, but he was so skinny because he couldn't eat. Skinny and boneless, the whole person is as haggard as anyone else. After slowly adapting to the environment, he finally accepted the reality of the end of the world, and he didn't dare to squander the food stored in the space.

Alone and thin again, but he is easy to bully if he doesn't look at him. Maybe even if he didn't give the child some cornbread that day, he might not be able to escape the robbery of those people. Maybe they have been eyeing him long ago.

Hearing Mu Nan's sigh, Qin Huai thought he was worried about the future: "Worrying about this now won't change anything, don't worry, when the time comes, I'll move bricks to support you, and rebuilding the base should require a lot of manpower."