Chapter 187

Many people think that the winter without snow is nothing more than the biting cold wind and slippery roads.

The staff who shovel ice have increased working hours and wages. The wages are additionally increased by the number of households in the community. Each household has to pay an additional five yuan per month, which is the cost of deicing the road.

In the past, it was cleaned once in the morning and evening, but now it is cleaned three times a day in the morning, noon and evening, but even so, the road surface will soon be covered with a layer of frost after the cold wind passes.

However, because of the intensive cleaning, everyone's travel is not too restricted. It's okay to be a little careful when walking. After all, the cleaning fee of five yuan per household a month is not cheap, which is equivalent to a quarter of their rent. One, always make people feel that the money is worth spending.

For example, in some communities, due to the poor conditions, they can barely afford to eat and drink on their own every month. They really can't afford the extra cleaning costs. The neighborhood committees in those communities are also very humane, and each household directly arranges a schedule , When it is the turn, I will be responsible for the ice shoveling and cleaning of an area according to the above arrangement. Because the cleaning is relatively intensive, a family will arrange at least two times a week.

But in this way, most people also agree that if they don't have money, they can only pay their own labor, and they can't just ignore everything. They don't have the condition to avoid going out for the whole winter.

The travel problem has been solved for the time being, and the water problem is also trying to find a solution. It's not that there is no water. Although the amount of water is not much, at least there is still some, but every water station is frozen. It has been winter for more than a month. The temperature has dropped to more than minus 30 degrees, and it is too cold for people to stay outside for a while, let alone the water station.

So the higher-ups came up with a way to sell the ice buckets directly, and bring the ice back to melt water for eating and drinking. The places where you buy ice are far and near, not as wide as the water stations. It took half an hour to walk on the road, and it was a lot of trouble to come and go, but for the sake of drinking water, you have to endure no matter how troublesome it is.

There are also some people who specially collect some ice cubes, such as those on the eaves. The dirty water of the building can be boiled and used for a bath, which saves a little money. This method is always more than a problem.

In order to live, the ancients could even grind stones into weapons, not to mention now, as long as they work hard to overcome it, they can still live on.

We have tried our best to overcome what can be overcome, but some things cannot be overcome with patience, such as clothes that can no longer keep warm in lower and lower temperatures.

The coldest winter here on their side did not reach minus ten degrees. Although the humidity is sometimes colder than the dry cold in the north, the temperature conditions are like this, so most of the winter clothes sold here are just ordinary duck down and goose down cotton. Wearing ordinary winter clothes and trying to survive the arctic temperatures, how is this possible.

In the winter of the previous year, most people in the entire residential area relied on the greenhouses to survive, but this year because of the preparations in advance, the greenhouses were also prepared separately. The conditions are naturally better, but not everyone can live It's very normal in this environment, so Xu Ming, who has not returned to the farm on secondment until now, is busy again.