𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

╔═══════════════╗
first year, 
pureblood mania
╚═══════════════╝

Positive that she was going to receive detention, for being late Professor McGonagall's class; Transfiguration. Aimee managed to sneak in the far corner of the classroom, as McGonagall was too distracted scolding Sirius and James, for disrupting her class. She was seated next to a Ravenclaw girl, she quickly acted as though she heard the beginning of the lesson.

Aimee tried to listen to the Professor the best she could, but James and Sirius were constantly chatting at the table near her. James would laugh at something Sirius said, then he would laugh at something James said. As McGonagall dismissed the class, everyone poured out into the crowd of students, Aimee shoved her way through reaching Sirius, she grabbed the back of his robe stopping him.

"Burke? What are you doing?" he pulled his robe from her hand.

"You dropped this in the library," she told him, handing Sirius the letter, he took the letter from her, he didn't say anything tensing up as he turned the letter over to see if it had been opened.

"I didn't read it," she quickly said, he relaxed a little. "Despite what you think of me, Sirius. I want to be your friend," he looked at her eyeing her cautiously "But if you really hate me that much, I'll leave you alone," she left him standing in the hallway.

He scoffed unconvinced of Burke keeping her word of not bothering him anymore. Sirius made his way back to Gryffindor Tower, he was surprised that she never opened his letter, he wasn't going to open it anyway. The chances of the word written in a letter being polite were highly unlikely.

He rushed through the Gryffindor common room, James stood from the sofa, as Sirius walked in. He creased his brows when he didn't even glance his way. He followed him up to their dorm room, James waited a moment as Sirius sat on his bed with his head in his hand he opened a letter, though he didn't have a smile or a hint of any emotion.

"You alright?" Sirius scrambled the letter into his pocket.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just had a run-in with Burke, that's all,"

"I thought you didn't like her," James questioned

"I don't,"

"Oh, I thought you were upset about her,"

"What how could you think that?" Sirius said, looking up at James

"Well, you do talk about her a lot it might not be nice things but you do talk about her,"

"I don't do that," a burst of laughter caused Sirius and James to snap their heads towards a laughing Remus and Peter.

"Are you kidding, you talk about her too much," Peter said

"I must point out I've never seen you actually hold a conversation with her," Remus informed him.

"I just don't understand it," Sirius spoke, as the three boys sat down to listen to him "I was so certain that my parents invited her family, so I could get to know her, on a more personal level,"

"Is that a bad thing?" Remus asked, "she seems like a nice person,"

"That's the thing, I think she is nice,"

"Then what's the problem," Peter asked

"What if it's all a plan, by her parents, I remember my cousin telling me a while ago that Elizabeth Burke will do whatever she can to make sure her daughter succeeds,"

"You sound so paranoid right now," James said, holding back his laughter.

"You can't be sure, that her daughter is actually in on it," Peter said