𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
third year,
jealousy at its finest
╚═══════════════╝

Aimee sat with Lily in their first class of the year. She kept looking between Aimee and Sirius, whenever he made Layla laugh, he would check if she was looking. But she never was. Aimee believed that the girls were over-exaggerating about him liking her, he seemed perfectly happy with Layla.

On Aimee's way back to the Slytherin common room, she found this year to be strange. As Theo and Jacob prepared for the final exams, they barely had any time to hang out with her or Daniel. She hoped that she and Narcissa would still remain, good friends, after she graduated.

She walked to her room, she heard scratching at her door, she put her textbooks away, as she opened the door. A badger hurried through her door scurrying under her bed, the badger poked his head out from under her bed, wiggling its nose at her.

"Someone could see you," she said, as the badger came out from under her bed, jumping up on her pillow,

"Come on," Danny said as the badger turned back into himself, "what's fun in being an Animagus if I can't change into a badger,"

"I thought you hated being badger?" she questioned

"I did," he said, "but then I realised that I can bury under the ground, you should have seen Jake trying to find me, have you been a dog much?"

"Only for a little, while mother and father were out," Aimee said, then she remembered her mother's conversation with the strange wizard. "Danny, something happened over the summer and I'm not really sure, what to do about it," she said

"What was it?" he asked

"Mother she was talking to someone, about teaching me to become an animagus for him,"

"Him," he said, "who's him?"

"I don't know I didn't recognise his voice," she admitted, trying to remember what her mother called him, "I think she called him, my Lord," Daniel's face turned white,

"She did, do not let her find out that you're an Animagus, Aimee I mean it,"

"You know something don't you?" she questioned, he shook his head "Danny, tell me,"

"I can't father made us promise that we wouldn't," Daniel said, he held Aimee's arms causing her to look up at him "promise me, you won't ever mention this to mother,"

The look on Daniel's face worried her, he knew more than he was saying, and father knew too. She nodded promising to keep this knowledge to herself. Though she was curious as to what her mother was up to, whoever this Lord was, her brother knew him, and he was scared.

She stayed awake in her bed trying to sleep, but she couldn't stop thinking about the look on Daniel's face. Then she remembered finding a later, addressed to her mother in her father's office, though that was from D.L could it have been a name, something Lord.

She realised that she had been awake all night overthinking, and overanalyzing Daniel's reaction. Once she saw that her clock said 6:00 am she walked downstairs to the common room, to find Evan sitting in the common room alone. A smirk grew on Aimee's face, she crept up behind him.

"Hi, Aimee,"

"Damn it, how did you know I was there," she said, sitting next to him, he smiled at her "what are you doing up this early anyway,"

"Rookwood's snoring kept me awake,"

"He's in a different room is he really that loud?"

"Yes, it takes a couple of days to get used to," he said, she chuckled

"Would you like to come to the library with me?" she asked "I have to change a book before class starts,"

He nodded, they went to their own rooms to change into the school robes, as it would save them time instead of coming back before breakfast. Once they had changed Aimee's book they had some time to kill before breakfast, they planned to look for Peeves and mess with the poltergeist, knowing he was too afraid of the Bloody Baron to taunt Slytherins.

They couldn't find Peeves the one time they wanted to mess with him and they couldn't find the poltergeist. They wandered around the castle, laughing at jokes they told, trying to out joke each other, though she had to admit Evan's jokes were funnier.

As though Sirius had heard Aimee and Evan coming, he slung his arm around Layla's shoulder, smiling at Aimee all while trying to suppress a glare at Rosier. She rolled her eyes at him, Evan creased his brows at the interaction between them, something didn't feel right.

"What was all that about?" 

"I stopped asking," she said, having enough of Sirius' pettiness, if he wanted to ignore her and occupy his time with Layla, that was totally his choice.

"Has he even spoken to you, since we've been back," He asked

"No, I don't care anymore," Aimee said, shaking her head "I just remembered, I'm trying out for the Slytherin team this year, have any tips?"

"Just do your best, even if you have to play a little dirty," Evan said winking at her

"Is that how you got on the team?" she smirked at him

"I'll never tell my secret," she nudged him, playfully as they headed for the great hall, though Aimee didn't particularly feel like eating after seeing Sirius' little thing with Layla.