𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑶𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1973,
i won for a change
╚═══════════════╝

"Aimee, can you come downstairs a moment?"

She groaned rolling out of bed, she wore shorts with a long shirt that covered her shorts. She ruffled her hair, running her fingers through her tangled hair, trying to loosen her curls. 'What could my mother possible want this morning?'

"Yes, mother- Merlin's beard!" she exclaimed as Evan and his father stood in the archway at the bottom of the stairs.

"Aimee," her mother said "that's no way to greet our guest,"

"Sorry, I had no idea you were coming?" she said, trying to flatten her hair down a little, Evan looked surprised like she should have known he was coming. 'Why didn't her mother tell her?'

"Where are your-

"Upstairs!" she said loudly to prevent him from saying anything "I'll show you my room, we can play wizard chess,"

She grabbed Evans hand hurrying him up to her room, once she was inside, she held her finger up to her lips to keep him quiet. He cocked his brows at her confusing behaviour 'why was she acting so strange?' Aimee listened for her mother and his father, once she was certain they weren't listening she spoke.

"Sorry about that, I didn't want you to mention my brother's in front of my mother,"

"It's alright, but if you don't mind me asking why?" she pressed her lips together not fully knowing if she could trust Evan with this knowledge especially when Sirius and Regulus didn't know why her brothers didn't live with her.

"I can't tell, not here anyway,"

"Alright, I saw a park across the street we could go there if you'd like," he said "get away from our parents?" she nodded smiling lightly.

"Yeah, I just need to get changed?"

"Alright, I'll wait downstairs,"

Evan left her to change out of her pyjamas, she dressed appropriately she wore shorts with a tank top, she wore a thin cardigan to cover her shoulders. When she came downstairs, Evan thought a different person had come downstairs, her hair wasn't as big.

The big secret to her taming her hair, is Fleamont Potter's sleakeazy hair potion, though she would never tell James Potter about that. He wouldn't let her live it down. 

"Mother, are Evan and I alright to go to the park?" she asked, her mother nodded

"Yes, of course, you two go have fun," she answered, she found the friendly tone of her mother's voice haunting.

They left her home, walking a little further down the street to the park nearby. She had never been to the park before, they tried to blend in with muggles would be a little awkward as not many of them knew a lot about muggles. She knew small things but not a lot.

Things she did know she had learned from Lily and Mary who were both from muggle families. Sirius had listened to some of his favourite artists with her few names, like Stevie Wonder and Elvis Presley, though Aimee enjoyed listening to The Temptations, he thought they were alright, not his favourite but still good.

"Race you to the swings!" she shoved Evan to get a head start. She bolted towards the swing set in the park, he ran closely behind her, he passed her reaching the swing before she did. He held his hands up in victory.

"Looks I won for a change, Burke,"

"Yeah, yeah," she said, nudging his shoulder "you still can't beat me at wizard chess,"