𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑶𝒏𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1977,
babysitting burke
╚═══════════════╝

For the last few weeks, Aimee and Sirius had very little contact with anyone outside of their home. After decorating their home how they wanted, they enjoyed the privacy all too much, with the freedom to be as loud and crazy as they wanted. What shocked her most about living with him was just how good of a chef he was.

She knew that Kreacher would have always cooked the meals, she never expected Sirius to be a good cook. He proved her wrong with many delicious meals, Aimee had always known how to cook, her family never owned a house-elf, most of the time she cooked her own meals, as her parents were away for business most of the time.

"I've loved living with you these past three weeks," she said, as she turned over in their new bed.

"It's been amazing, I think it's going to be so strange when we're back at Hogwarts,"

"I know it's our last year though, then we'll have all the time in the world, to be together," she said, she reached for one of Sirius shirts, just to throw on while she went to the bathroom.

"Oh by the way," she shouted from the bathroom "I agreed to babysit Ethan for Jake and Laura, so I'd tidy up if I were you,"

"I didn't agree to babysit," he said, pulling up his jeans, throwing a jumper over his head.

"It'll be fun, and it'll give us practice..." she paused "for when people with babies come to visit," she left the bathroom, tying her hair in a messy bun,

"That's not what you was going to say," he smirked at her

"Yes it was, come on, they'll be here at 2:00 and it's 12:30 now," she put on a cute crop top, with a pair of short-shorts, as the weather was most humid today.

"If you didn't keep me up all night, we would have woken up early," Sirius said,

"Oh really," she crossed her arms at him "I seem to recall you being the naughty one last night,"

A few hours later, they were looking after Ethan together, though Sirius wanted to give him many sweets. Aimee knew that Jacob would be mad if they got him all hopped up on sugar then given back to them.

She suggest that they bake a cake together, she sat Ethan on the kitchen side, he hit the bowl with the wooden spoon she had given him. Sirius stood in front of him in case he leaned forward, while Aimee read through the book, she held her finger up.

"Alright, we need two cups of flour-" Ethan giggled as he flicked flour in his aunt's face. Sirius tried his hardest not to laugh, though he failed miserably.

"It's not funny," she said wiping the flour off her face,

"It is a little funny, watch," he picked some flour, flicking it in her face, Ethan giggled even more.

"You think that's funny, picking on auntie Aimee," she flicked flour back at Sirius, causing him to throw the whole bowl of flour over her head, she shook her head like a dog, getting it all over Ethan and Sirius.

"You wouldn't throw flour at your nephew," Sirius said, holding the toddler up like a shield,

"I could never do that," she cooed at him as he held his arms out for her,

She took him from Sirius, he smiled, he could see how happy Aimee was with her nephew, she adored the small toddler, so much that her face lit up whenever she held him. She took Ethan into the bathroom to clean him up a bit, Sirius cleaned up the kitchen he didn't realise how much of a mess they had made.

He waved his wand, all the flour gathered like mini-tornado, falling into the bin, he smiled when he could hear Ethan yelling no to putting his pyjamas on. He ran down the hallway with just his shirt on, no bottoms, Sirius laughed as he saw Aimee running after him.

"You need some pants on, I can see your bum," she said, he laughed crawling under the table.

"NO! NO! NO!" Ethan shouted as Sirius lifted him up, letting Aimee put his bottoms on, Ethan greatly protested, waving his hand to slap him in the face.

"Could you try and get him to sleep, I'm just going to tidy up in the bathroom, he made quite a mess in there,"

"Sure," she left to clean up, he slumped down on the sofa, he never had Ethan by himself before,

"Playtime," Ethan said, clapping his hands

"No we can't play it's nighttime, look I'll go to sleep with you," Sirius said, closing his eyes

He felt Ethan snuggle into him, though he was tired himself, he dozed off with the small child in his arms. As Aimee just finished tidying up their bathroom, she walked in to find, Sirius asleep with Ethan in his arms, she quietly took a camera snapping a photo of the two of them. She tried to lift Ethan, though he tighten his arm around him.

"Sirius," she whispered, "Sirius, I'm going to put him in his crib," he loosened his arm around him,

Sirius followed her to their bedroom, she gently cradled Ethan against her, carefully laying him in his crib. She smiled at him, as he lay in his crib, she brushed some of his hair away, Sirius smiled at her. He wrapped his arm around her, kissing her cheek.

"He's good kid," Sirius whispered,

"I love him so much," she said, "I know he's only my nephew, but I would do anything for him,"

"I must admit, I have a little soft spot for him too,"

"He loves you more than me," she said, he smirked at her,

"I just have a charm about me,"