𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

╔═══════════════╗
spring 1980,
stays between
you and me
╚═══════════════╝

Amelia noticed the drift between Aimee and Sirius, he had slept on the sofa rather than in bed with her. While they were all smiles around their children, she could see their rift when they were alone, as soon as their little ones were asleep, they wouldn't talk to each other.

"Aimee," her grandmother called, she looked across to table at her, "you know silence never solves anything,"

"We've tried talking Grammy, it just leads to arguments, I'm so tired now, I don't to argue with him again,"

"You know when your grandfather and I found out we were pregnant with your father, and your uncles, it was the in the height of the war against Grindelwald, and believe me, dear, we fought like crazy,"

"That's different-

"Oh is it?" she questioned, "I was terrified of something happening to my husband or my sons, I was a young seer, I saw many things before they happened, horrific things, things I wish to never see again,"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I once had an argument with him, I told him that Tommy, Sammy and Mikey needs him, he was still eager to go and fight, I shouted at him, and I said, if you walk out that door, don't you dare come back," she paused remembering the argument as though it was yesterday "he came home, but he was weak, inches from death he could've died that night, and the last thing I said was don't you dare come back,"

"Grammy-

"Aimee those words would have haunted me, for my entire life, if he had died, whatever problems you and Sirius are having, it's not worth staying silent over talk to him," she nodded,

As she saw Sirius walk past the kitchen, she bit her lip, not entirely sure what she was going to say, he still appeared annoyed with her. She watched as he spoke to Regulus through his ring, she made it appear like she was folding clothes, as he walked past her, she stopped him.

"Sirius, can we talk?"

"Depends you going to say I'm being irrational again,"

"No, I just wanted you to tell you that I'm sorry for arguing with you," he creased his brows, "I know I can be stubborn and can't admit if I'm wrong, I just-

"You were right," she blinked not expecting that to be his response, "Remus would never sell us out, he'd die before that would happen,"

"Do you have any idea who it could be?" she asked, he shook his head,

"Only a few people knew we were staying in that day, that doesn't mean someone might have overheard, but me personally, I told James, Remus, Peter and Lily,"

"They wouldn't do anything to hurt us or the children,"

"Aimee, that's what got me so angry, the kids, whoever tipped the death eaters off, knew our children were going to be there too,"

"Shh," she hugged him when she notice he was getting agitated, "we're all okay, the girls are safe, Hadrian and Carden never even woke up,"

"They're so innocent in all this,"

"I know,"

"If you wanted to stay here with your Grandmother, I understand-

"Sirius, you're my husband, we either do this together or not at all," he smiled at her

"That's sweet of you to say, will you at least consider staying here," she nodded, he leaned down to peck her lips.

A few days had gone by, Sirius packed his bag preparing to head to Burke Manor, where Regulus had found something that he wanted him to see. He hoped that Aimee would stay with her grandmother, they all would be a lot safer if they stayed in the countryside.

"Mummy, can I have some more?" Rhea asked

"Just give me a minute sweetie," she said as she was bottle feeding the baby boys.

"Don't rush dear, I'll get her some more," Amelia said, taking her plate to get her some more pasta. Sirius stood at the door with his bag.

"Are you staying here, or are you coming," he asked

"One minute just let me put the boys down," she said, settling them down in the crib, she took his hand taking him into the kitchen, where Amelia was preparing Rhea another bowl of pasta.

"I've spoken to my grandmother, and she's agreed to have the children for us,"

"I thought you'd want to stay with them,"

"I thought about it, I wouldn't be able to think straight with you being god knows where,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, we're in this together," she cupped his cheek, "if that means we have to be away from our children in order to protect them, then that's what we need to do,"

"You think they'll be safer here?"

"Yes, though I don't think anybody should know they're here,"

"I agree, it stays between you and me," he said, he leaned down pecking her cheek, she wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing her lips against his.

"Mummy, Carden on his tummy," Phoebe said, pulling on her mother's jumper, she walked with her, as Sirius followed them.

Carden and Hadrian were laid on their stomachs giggling at Rhea making faces at them, Aimee chuckled as she lifted them out. Phoebe and Rhea jumped around their little brother squealed when they bounced near them, Sirius smiled at them.

"They'll be alright here, I'll bring them to you whenever you want to see them," Amelia said, smiling softly at him

"I can't think of any words to express how much you've helped us-

"Don't go there, I look after my family, I always have," she said, not taking her eyes off her Aimee with her children, "your children may be my great-grandchildren, but I'd protect them as though they were own,"

"Thank you, I'll keep you updated on everything,"

"Don't worry about me, just keep yourselves safe,"