𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
winter 1980,
justice is served
╚═══════════════╝

Early morning, Aimee wandered through the halls, she quietly tended to Hadrian and Carden, allowing Sirius, the few extra hours sleep, on his birthday. She woke Rhea and Phoebe, they had their own bed and slept soundly in their own room.

Regulus walked downstairs, making himself a drink, while she decided to bake Sirius a cake. The Daily Prophet had arrived with many letters for Sirius' birthday, she handed the newspaper to Reg. She sat Rhea and Phoebe on the side to help her bake the cake, as the two boys held on to their mother's legs, holding themselves up.

"Hey Aims, listen to this," Regulus said, "known to be conspiring with the Dark Lord, Elizabeth Dahlia Burke, has been found guilty of her crimes in the name of the Dark Lord,"

"Yes! Finally that bitch gets what she deserves," Aimee smiled, knowing that her mother wasn't going to serve time, "save that page, I'll show Sirius later,"

"It's his 21st birthday why don't you do something just the two of you," he suggested, "I'll watch the kids,"

"That's sweet of you to offer, but with Phoebe's visions I'd be worried about her all night," he nodded understanding that Phoebe was so young and while it was a gift to be a seer, she could never explain to her mother or father what she saw that scare her so much.

Dear Sirius,

I don't even know where to begin to tell how sorry I am. You probably wouldn't believe me either, but I thought should know. I remember a time when you were seven and you climbed out of your window, you slipped and hit the window to my study. I don't think you knew I could see you, I watched you as you ran across to the muggle park.

I knew then that you wouldn't be in Slytherin, you were too much of a risk-taker not thinking the whole plan through. I never said I was a good father, I know I wasn't, I arranged for Thomas to bring his family to Grimmauld Place. I believed his daughter would have been a good influence on you, and I was right.

Every time you saw her, your face would light up, she was a nice girl, I really glad that you finally admitted you liked her and dated Aimee. As much as I don't like the Potters I know you were happier there than you ever were here. I hope Mr Potter was the father wanted and that Mrs Potter was the mother you needed.

I hope in future we can put aside our differences,

From Orion.

Sirius didn't know how to react to the letter, he could've sworn that someone cursed him to write the letter. He never realised his father knew about him sneaking out, it only made him question why he never confronted him about it. He heard someone walking towards the bedroom, he laid down pretending to be asleep, the door creaked open Rhea and Phoebe dived on Sirius.

"Happy Birthday! Daddy!" they yelled, as they jumped on him.

"Oh, they got me," he coughed "they got me," he lifted them off his lap, Aimee refrained from laughing, she sat Hadrian and Carden

"Come on, girls let him sit up," she said, "Here's your letters,"

He flipped through them recognising familiar handwriting, he saw one that didn't appear to be for his birthday. He opened that one first, Aimee sat on the bed watching the boys so they didn't fall. Sirius read through the letter, his brows creased, she knew he wasn't reading a birthday card.

"What is it?" she asked,

"It's Theo and Jacob, Moody thinks they've been targetted,"

"What, I have to go and help them-

"Aimee you can't go alone," 

"I have to do something, here boys sat with daddy," she sat Hadrian and Carden on his lap, preventing him from getting up to follow her.

She raced downstairs, hurtling out of the door, completely missing Regulus' plea to stop. She apparated to the village where they were hiding out, the eerie atmosphere caused her to run towards the house unaware of the dangers around her. She was pulled around the corner of a building.

"Let go of me!" she saw the fire and smoke coming from their house.

"Shh, it's me," the death eater removed their mask, "When I heard your brothers were target I knew you'd come,"

"Did I lose them both?" she cried, grasping Evan's robe.

"Wh-

"Did I lose them both?" tears falling down her face

"Aimee, I need you to calm down-

"No, no, I can't, I can't, I can't, I lost them," she slumped down to the floor, sobbing loudly as Evan tried to comfort her the best he could

"Shh," he held her close to him, hoping to calm her down,

Sirius hurried through the village he saw them he ran over to her, Evan turned her into his arms. He thanked him for keeping her from running into danger, he left before other members of the Order came. Her tears soaked his shirt, as her breathing calmed, she mumbled something.

"What did you say?" he asked

"Ethan, Laura, I have to get them," she hurried to the house with Sirius close behind her,

As they walked into the house they could tell that her brothers put up a good fight. Her tears fell more once she saw them, lying lifeless on the floor, she held her wand to them, cleaning them up, no cuts, no bruises, it put her mind at ease making it look like they were sleeping. 

She lightly caressed their cheeks, tears streaming down her face, she sniffed up. Wiping away her tears, she turned to the garden seeing the tree with the door. She took a deep breath, holding back her tears, before opening the door.

"Aunt Aimee!" Ethan said, hurrying out to her, he wrapped his arms around her

"You're going to come and stay with me alright," she told him, he nodded, holding Laura's hand. 

She lifted Laura up, while Sirius carried Ethan, as they walked back through the house, they buried the children's faces in their chest to prevent them from seeing their parents. They knew that on some level the children knew something had happened. As they felt tears on the shirts. It was going to be difficult for everyone, especially the children.