𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
seventh year,
first loves are never
forgotten
╚═══════════════╝

A week at Hogwarts, flew by. The decision that Aimee was most thankful for was the decision to give the role of head girl to Lily Evans. She was an honourable student that was well suited for head girl, she was surprised to hear that Remus wasn't picked for head boy. That title went to James Potter, how? She had no idea, at first she believed it to have been a joke, however, it seemed the Headmaster was serious.

Aimee wanted to make the most of her final year, she decided to visit Sirius for Quidditch practice. When she arrived there, she noticed Sirius wasn't with the Gryffindor team and neither was James, she assumed he was actually taking his head boy duties seriously.

"Hey angel, what are you doing?" he said, kissing her cheek, she creased her brows as he didn't have his quidditch kit on.

"I was going to watch you play,"

"That's sweet, but I'm not playing this year,"

"Why not, you love quidditch," she questioned

"I know but it won't be the same, without James, he's focusing on his duties," Sirius said, shaking his head at the thought, "How the fuck he got head boy instead of Remus, I'll never know," Aimee laughed, agreeing with him, Remus would have been a much better student for head boy. A mischievous smile grew on his face,

"Do you want to do something really naughty?"

"That depends, what you have in mind," she replied he stepped closer to her, brushing her hair to the side, he lightly kissed her neck, she glanced around

"Sirius, someone's going to see us,"

"Let them," he mumbled, she laughed, bracing her hands against his chest.

"We can't, not here anyway,"

"I hate not sleeping with you, why don't you stay in my dorm tonight," he suggested, she thought about it for a moment.

"We wouldn't be alone,"

"Come on, you've never stayed in my dorm before,"

"Yes, there's a reason for that, you share your room, I don't," he nodded,

"I guess that's true, I just miss waking up to you,"

"Alright, I'll stay in your dorm, it can't be too bad right," she said, he smiled, lightly pressing his lips against hers, slinging his arm over her shoulder as they walked back to the castle.

***

After spending the last few hours with Sirius, she returned to her common room, to a headstart on some homework done before she went to Gryffindor Tower. However, her brain wouldn't allow her to concentrate, all she could think about was just how many of her fellow Slytherins had joined the Dark Lord's cause. Everywhere she looked there was some who had a dark mark.

She knew Regulus had, no doubt his friend Barty would have joined. The fact that Avery and Mulciber had been known to cast dark curses on other students. She wouldn't be surprised if they joined the Death Eaters too, she spotted her cousin; Amycus and Alecto flaunting their dark marks as though it was something to be proud of.

They only flaunted their marks to their friends and fellow Slytherins her uncle most likely forbid them from doing so. She was thoroughly relieved to be away from her mother, she would have tried her hardest to get Aimee involved with the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord. She noticed that Evan had been avoiding her before the summer, before she left for Gryffindor tower, she walked to his room.

"Evan," she said, "Can I come in?"

"No, I don't want to see anyone," he responded

"Please, I'm worried about you," she said, his door opened, she walked inside, he hadn't moved from his bed, "Are you alright?"

"No, I'm not alright," he said, she stood still not taking another step closer to him, he looked angry and didn't want to cause him any more stress.

"Is it me? Have a done something?" she asked, he shook his head, turning away from her,

"No it's got nothing to do with you," he said, sighing loudly "it doesn't matter, I can't change anything,"

"What do you mean?" she asked, he stood from his bed, walking up to her, he looked down at her.

"I still care about you, I know you're happy and that's all I want for you, I just can't watch you with Sirius it's too hard-

"Why are you telling me all this?"

"Because I don't want you to hate me,"

"I couldn't hate you, I want you in my life, but-" she paused "if that's too hard then, I - I should just go," she left his room,

She ran through the common room, hurrying to Gryffindor tower, to avoid him coming after her. She patiently waited for someone to leave the common room, she was sat on the floor by the fat lady's portrait. She hadn't realised that she was crying it was only when tears fell on her shirt that she noticed them.

She wiped her face, as someone opened the door. Her eyelashes were soaked, anyone and everyone would be able to tell she had been crying before she went to the boy's room she snuck up to the girl's dorm room, she took a deep breath, before entering the girl's bedroom.

"Hey Marls, have you got any makeup, I can put on,"

"Sure, have you been crying?" she asked, hurrying to get some powder.

"I don't want Sirius to know I've been crying," she said, Marlene nodded put a light layer of powder under her eyes just to hide the tearstains.

"You know if you ever need to talk?"

"Thank you," Aimee said, hugging her tightly

She made her way to the boy's dorm room, she slowly opened the door, she hadn't realised how late it was. As all the boys were laid in the bed, tucked under their covers, Aimee climbed into bed with Sirius, she wrapped her arms around him, he kissed her forehead, feeling a tear drip down his chest.

"Aims what wrong?"

"I don't want to talk about it, can we please just sleep,"

The voice was broken, he had never heard her voice sound that hurt since Charlie died. He wondered if it had anything to do with Regulus, as she still hadn't told him what happened at Grimmauld Place. All Aimee wanted to do was sleep, because of all the crying she had done, her eyes were heavy, she fell asleep so quickly that he never got a chance to kiss her goodnight.