𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚-𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

╔═══════════════╗
fourth year,
a christmas  to
remember
╚═══════════════╝

Sirius had been adjusting his tie in the mirror for nearly twenty minutes, Regulus offer to do his tie for him. He shrugged him off, Regulus eyed him carefully he was acting weird, he was nervous. 'Sirius is never nervous about mother's Christmas Ball,'

"Sirius, your tie is as good as it's going to get," Regulus said, he held his hands up, surrendering he then began to mess with his hair. "What is with you?"

"Don't say anything to mother," he started taking a deep breath, "I invited Aimee, as a date,"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes I am Sirius, what about you?" he laughed, he rolled his eyes at him, "Sorry, I make jokes when I'm uncomfortable,"

"Why are you uncomfortable?" Regulus smirked he had never seen his brother like this so besotted with someone that he lost his cool.

"I have a habit of screwing things up with Aimee, I want this to be perfect," he said, he sighed looking down at his tie, "and I'm afraid I'll screw up,"

Regulus offered him what little comfort he could hoping he would calm down just a little, as Walburga eyed them both suspiciously. The two brothers waited in the ballroom as guests made their way through the house, then he saw her.

Dressed in a gorgeous emerald satin gown, green suited her perfectly, she looked beautiful, her hair while still very curly was in an updo, with a few wavy curls hanging loosely. Everything about her how she walked, smiled, even the little giggle she did, when she tried to refrain from laughing too much was perfect.

"You're staring," Regulus whispered "She does look beautiful though," he nudged Sirius into motion, he straightened his blazed bowing down to her,

"An exquisite beauty right in front of me," she smiled her cheeks flushed red, she smiled at him, Sirius held her hand guiding her towards Regulus,

"Beautiful," he said, wrapping his arms around her

"You boys always look dashing at these things," she said,

After the guest began to dance, Sirius guided Aimee to the dance floor, twirling her around she smiled so brightly like, her face could only make that expression, throughout the entire dance he kept glancing down at her lips, he quickly glanced away as she caught his eyes lingering.

He was worried that he would be going too far, and she'd push him away. She couldn't stop thinking about him and what had happened in the last few months lying in bed together cuddled up. How her feelings had changed.

After the guest left, Sirius, Aimee and Regulus lounged around the living after Walburga and Orion went to bed. Regulus was also tired and retreated to his bedroom, Sirius held her hand walking her outside, they walked through the moonlit garden.

"I've never seen so many stars, in the sky," she said, gazing up at the sky,

"Yeah, I just have to look at my family tapestry," she laughed

"Okay, that one was funny," she said, he turned his head looking away, he took a deep breathe

"Can I tell you about this little tradition me and Reg use to do on Christmas?" she nodded "Well, every Christmas, we'd close our eyes, and make a wish for each other, it might be something silly like I wish you funnier, or I wish you'd stop annoying me, or it might be I wish you make the Quidditch team or I wish you greatness," she smiled she loved that they did that at Christmas.