𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1975,
away from you
╚═══════════════╝

As much as she didn't want to go to Grimmauld Place with her parents, her father managed to persuade Aimee to join them. They walked along the street, the distance seemed to be longer, she tried to keep her breathing steady, with her mother just behind her, she held her hands together in attempts to stop the trembling.

"Stand up straight," Elizabeth pulled her shoulders back, she flinched as her mother straighten her posture.

"For Salazar's sake, leave her alone," Thomas ordered, lightly guiding Aimee to his side, putting himself between them, he knocked on the door.

Just as Kreacher opened the door, the Burke's walked inside, Elizabeth almost knocked Kreacher to the side, Aimee gave the elf a sympathetic glance. The head of the household approached the family welcoming them to their home. Orion took Thomas to his study to discuss private matters, while Walburga gestured for Elizabeth and Aimee to follow her through to the sitting room.

"Mrs Black, would be alright for me to go and find Regulus?" Aimee asked, quickly to avoid being left with her mother.

"Kreacher!"

"Yes, mistress?" he asked

"Take Miss Burke to Regulus," he nodded, she left to follow the house-elf, Elizabeth tried to hide the disapproving scowl on her face, she didn't want Aimee wandering around the house.

"Kreacher, I'm so sorry for my mother, she can be a real pain at times-

"No need for apologies, Kreacher knows Miss Aimee wouldn't treat Kreacher harshly,"

"I'm still very sorry," she said,

"Master Regulus' room," Kreacher told her, he left to continue his chores.

Aimee opened his bedroom door, he was getting a head start on homework, she rolled her eyes at him. Then she smirked, he hadn't realised that she had entered his room, she crept up towards, jumping on his back, he leaned back falling on the bed, which caused a loud bang.

"Aimee?" he questioned, "what the hell are you doing to scare the shit of me?" Sirius hurried in at the loud noise. He rushed over to Aimee embracing her in a tight hug, Regulus' eyes widened he separated them pushing Sirius down the floor, putting his foot on his back.

"What are you doing up here?" Walburga warned

"Sorry, Mrs Black, I scared him," she eyed them looking around the room,

"Keep it down, your father's are working on important business," he said, slamming the door, contradicting herself, Sirius stood up with his hands on his hips.

"I did not care for that," he warned,

"Well, what if it had been Aimee's mother that came upstairs?"

"Fair enough," Sirius said, "can I steal my girlfriend for a second?"

"Sure,"

Sirius held her hand, hurrying her to his room, carefully so they didn't make too much noise. As soon as he closed the door behind, he pulled her closer pushing her back towards the door, kissing her firmly. She ran her fingers through his hair, tilting her head back, allowing him to kiss her neck.

The feeling made her weak in the knees, she held back her facial expression, her body was still badly bruised and ached. She clenched her eyes shut until she had to stop him, he creased his brows, he hadn't made any moves to go further with her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just need to talk to you," she said, he held both her hands pulling her towards his bed, they sat comfortably on his bed. he waited for her to continue. "My father, wants me to go and live with my brothers, but that means I won't be able to see you at least not all the time,"

"It's entirely up to you, if you aren't happy at home, then you should go," he told her,

She smiled at him, she leaned over to kiss him, he snaked his hand around the back of her neck. He laid her back on his bed, his hand tangled in her hair, she winced when he leaned on her too much. He pulled away instantly sitting up.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," He cocked his brow at her

"Okay then, lift up your jumper,"

"Excuse me?"

"Just do it," she crossed her arms at him, he scoffed "fine," he lifted up her jumper exposing the bruises that covered her body.

"Did she do that to you?" she pulled her jumper down

"Sirius please be quiet, I can't do anything,"

"You can stay with your brothers, I'll work something out so I can see you,"

"But I don't-

"I'm not asking, I want you to be safe," she nodded, her hands trembling, he held her hands lightly rubbing soothing circles with his thumb on the back of her hand.

"I'm so scared,"

"Shh," he held her head against his chest, as her breathing calm down, he lifted her chin, pressing her lips against him, a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Have you seen Aimee?" they heard her mother ask Regulus, her eyes widened he could see the fear in her eyes, he kissed her forehead, the door handle turned.

"What are you doing in here and with..."

"He isn't in here, mother, I just wanted some peace and quiet," he could hear her voice breaking

"Hmm, so this is his room, disgraceful look at all these disgusting muggle things. This is exactly what I don't want you around" she said, gesturing to things in his room.

"I know mother,"

She held her head down as she left with her mother, Padfoot crawled from under the bed, jumping up at the window, watching Aimee and her parents leave. Sirius prayed to Merlin himself that she would leave for her safety, he didn't know what caused them bruises a curse or something else. He just knew he wanted her safe, even if that meant not being able to see her except at Hogwarts.