𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

╔═══════════════╗
fourth year,
you're a dog?
╚═══════════════╝

Sirius confession had been playing in her mind like a never-ending loop. Aimee tried her best to come up with a way to cope with it, as her fourth year crept closer. She hoped he would confess to her again, while she was 'awake' as he believed her to be sleeping when he first confessed. That way she could see how she would feel now that she had fully processed the words.

She took herself to the platform as her father wasn't home, she left early as a white dog, she carried a small bag in her mouth. The dog stayed near the platform laying on the floor, small children wanted to pet her, thankfully parents knew better than to let their children pet a strange dog.

She arrived a whole two hours before the barrier would be open, her mother had been insufferable to live with. She was furious that Aimee stayed at Grimmauld Place without telling her, Elizabeth hated the thought of her daughter socialising with the Black's oldest son, he was going to influence her and ruin everything she had taught her.

"Hi Alice," she flicked her eyes over to the sound of Frank's voice, "are you excited for school this year?"

"I can't wait, McGonagall thinks I may be able to attend some advanced classes,"

"That's great Alice, I'll see you in the common room," she smiled at him.

The white dog slipped through the barrier when they walked through, she morphed back into herself as she stood on the platform. She snuck over to Alice making her jump, she wrapped her arms around her, she smiled looking over her shoulder, Aimee turned around to see what she was smiling at, her cheeks flushed red as she saw him.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," Aimee quickly said, "I'm just warm that's all,"

"Something happened at Grimmauld Place didn't it?"

"Shh, keep your voice down," 

"Oh my gosh, this is too cute, are you going to go out with him?"

"No, no, no, I don't know how I feel about him, can we just keep this between us-

"Keep what between us," Marlene asked, joining them with Lily

"Wonderland, thinks I like Sirius," Marlene rolled her eyes

"You do like Sirius," Marlene told her

"No I don't, I just-

"You just said, you don't know and you blushing," Alice said

"You didn't want Alice to tell anyone either," Lily said, she covered her face with her hands.

Marlene spotted Sirius glancing over, she hurried her onto the train to avoid Aimee appearing as though she was crying. The girls told her how he had been acting, like how he dated Layla to make her jealous, how he acted out when she dated Evan. She never realised how much her relationship with Evan caused Sirius to act out, hearing how he acted only wanted her to admit she heard more.

***

During the start of term feast, she couldn't stop looking over at the Gryffindor table, she found herself smiling whenever she saw Sirius laughing with Remus, Peter or James. A few other students notice including Amycus as threw a balled-up piece of paper at her, he turned back laughing with Alecto, and Barty, she rolled her eyes as she unfolded the paper.

Stare much, lion lover.

She screwed up the paper, she caught Regulus looking at her, he mouthed 'are you alright?' she nodded. After the start of term feast, Aimee left the great hall going to see if she could find Snuffles, she had no idea if the dog had forgotten about her over the summer. She hoped he didn't it was always nice to have snuffles to talk to and get out her feelings.

"Snuffles!" she called, unsure if the dog even knew that's what she called him.

She sat on the grass for a little while, 'he might still come,' she hadn't seen him in almost three months, he might have forgotten about her. Aimee pulled her book out of her bag, her grandmother had given a book called The Great Gatsby to read, her grandmother had good taste, she knew she was going to enjoy the book.

"Ahh," Aimee shrieked when something licked her hand, "Oh, it's just you, Snuffles, I'm so happy to see you boy," she wrapped her arms around the dog. Padfoot nuzzled into Aimee's neck, but then realised he had to act more dog-like.

The dog stood up, running to pick up a stick, he dropped it at her feet, she threw it for him. She grew a smirk on her face, as Snuffles ran back her, she turned into a white dog, she didn't realise how big Snuffles was as she was just a tad smaller than him.

"Snuffles, it's Aimee, come on chase me," she ran through the forest, Padfoot chased after her, he caught up with the white dog, jumping over her.

The white dog quickly dodged her way through the tree, she thought she might have been able to talk with Snuffles, but he didn't mumble a word. She almost ran into someone, then she looked up, Snuffles began barking and growling at the centaur.

"No Snuffles, this Torvus he's a friend," the centaur nodded respectfully at her

"Who's your friend?" Torvus asked, she turned back to herself,

"He's a stray I found,"

"That dog is no stray, he's wizard,"

"What?" she looked back at Snuffle, he whimpered before turning into Sirius.

"Sirius, you're a dog?" she questioned looking him up and down "The whole time I thought I was-" she paused remembering all her private thoughts that she muttered to the stray "you heard everything I said to Snuffles," she shook her head walking away from him

"Aimee, wait," he grabbed her hand,

"I have nothing to say to you,"

"You told Snuffles you want me to be more honest with you," he said, she listened to what he had to say,

"Yes, I'm an animagus, I didn't tell you because I'm not registered, I didn't want anyone finding out,"

"I told you so much, in confidence that it was going stay with a dog," she said

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you earlier, I just never knew how to tell you, if it makes you feel any better I never repeated anything you said,"

"Well, thank you for not saying anything," she said,

"You never told me, you were one too,"

"I suppose we're even, in that sense," Aimee said,

"I will be more honest with you, starting with any question you have," he said, she thought about what she could ask him,

"Did you go out with Layla to try and make me jealous?"

"Shamefully yes," Sirius said, "Can I give you a hug?" she nodded

Sirius embraced her in a warm hug, the kind she could have melted into, she needed more than anything to find out how she felt. She just hope knowing how he felt wouldn't distract her during the first quidditch game of the year.

Slytherin verse Gryffindor.