𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1978,
story telling
╚═══════════════╝

She had reached her breaking point, he due date was in a few weeks, she was heavily pregnant and practically lived on the sofa. Barely being able to get up without help, Aimee felt useless, there was still a lot to do around the house.

The babies room still needed decorating, Sirius was determined to finish the bedroom by himself. While Fleamont and James help build the crib and put up shelves. He was going to paint the room himself, in order to conceal the gender of their babies.

Aimee and Sirius gave up waiting for them to be born they knew what they were having. They weren't letting anyone cheat at their bet they still had to wait until they were born. Marlene and Alice were helping her while Sirius painted the bedroom walls.

"Here, it's lotion time," Marlene sang bring a bottle of lotion, Aimee chuckled lifting up her shirt, Marlene hummed as she rubbed lotion all over her bump, one of the babies kicked her. "Hey you, I'm making sure your mummy is properly moisturised," she said poking the bump back.

"And I made brownies," Alice said walking in with a plate of freshly baked brownies for her. "I made five, one for me, one for Marls, one for Aimee, two for the babies,"

"Thank you, for being here, I think Sirius and I would have lost our minds on our own, it's been pretty hectic these last few weeks,"

"I could imagine," Alice said, "hopefully, they'll be here soon,"

"You know what you and Sirius need," Marlene said, she waited for her to continue, "go out just the two of you, no James, no Lily, no Remus, No Peter, No Dorcas, No Alice, no me-

"Alright Marls I get it, I'd love to go out just the two of us," she said,

Sirius overheard the conversation as he came downstairs to clean up all the paint off his hands, he had been busy painting the nursery. He warned Marlene not to go upstairs, as the room would reveal the babies gender, once he cleaned himself up in the kitchen.

"Thank you ladies for keeping Aimee company, I think we'll be alright for the rest of the day,"

"Alright, I'm just going to head to the bathroom real quick," Marlene said, he nodded quickly racing up the stairs after her, he spotted her reaching for the door handle, he raced the door, pulling the door closed.

"You aren't going to win the bet by cheating, McKinnon,"

"Come on, just let me see, I promise I won't tell," he rolled his eyes at her as he shoved her down the stairs.

"No, and I've put a ward on the room, you aren't getting in there while we aren't here,"

"But I can't wait any longer, it's like torture, wait for them to be born," Marlene groaned, he shoved her down the stairs.

"Come on, Marls I have to go to yours first," Alice said, she sighed,

"Fine, don't you have them babies, without us," Marlene leaned down kissing her huge bump, the two girls left the house, Aimee and Sirius waved to them from the doorway.

"It's been fun having them here,"

"Yeah, it has," he wrapped his arm over her shoulders, "so you ready to see the room?"

"It's finished?"

"Yes, come on," Sirius helped her up the stairs, he waited a moment for her to catch her breath, she smiled as she approached the bedroom, "Close your eyes," he opened the door, guiding her inside "open them,"

She opened her eyes, her eyes immediately falling on the window in the centre of the room, a rocking chair stood in front of it, with a baby crib on each side. On the left side of the room, Sirius had built a mini bookshelf, with all the children's stories that she had bought for them.

"Do you like it?"

"Sirius I love it,"

"I'm glad you do, it's settled in for me now," he said, he hugged her rubbing her bump, "shall we read to them again,"

"Yes, I'd love that, but for a change, why don't you read to them?"

"But you always like to read,"

"Yes, I've been reading to them because I want them to know my voice, I also want them to know your voice," she cupped his cheek, he bit his lip,

"Alright, but can I make up the story,"

"Sure," she held his hand as they walked to their room she sat comfortably on their bed, he sat next to her wrapping his arm around her,

"Alright, just give me a second," he said, thinking of what he could tell them. "Don't laugh at me," she crossed her heart.

"I solemnly sware that I am up to no good, Four young animals meet for the first time, little did they know they'd be great friends, their adventures began that day. Silly jokes and playful pranks were what made their days fun, one was always a little shy, though the confidence of his friends brought the small little creature out of his shell. Another one, many call him arrogant and show off, but he had a heart bigger than most the proud stag would protect anyone that needed it. The next one, a loyal companion in dark times, though he may make stupid decisions at times, he never means any harm. And lastly, the once lonely wolf, with no one by his side, gain the loving companionship, of a loyal dog, faithful stag, and a helpful rat, the wolf was no longer alone, and their friendship was bound forever. mischief managed."

"Sirius that was-

"I know it was lame,"

"No not at all, I actually really loved it, maybe now you start telling me stories,"