𝑺𝒊𝒙

╔═══════════════╗
first year,
library friends
╚═══════════════╝

With her back to the rest of the great hall, Aimee sat with her chin resting in her palm, she toyed with her food. Her appetite hadn't been great, she had nothing to do, no one to talk to, Evan and Severus weren't the best company. She was annoyed that Sirius hadn't even thought about apologising to her, then again she didn't expect him to, she sighed believing they were past this.

"Are you alright?" Andromeda asked, seating next to her

"Yes, I'm fine, why'd you ask?"

"You looked upset this morning,"

"Honestly Andromeda, I'm fine," Aimee said,

Sirius' attention was drawn to the unusual pair, he wondered what his cousin was up to. He knew that Andromeda would have good intentions but it still concerned him that she was interacting with Aimee. Once she stood leaving Andromeda for her last class, he raced out of the Great Hall to catch up with her in the halls.

"Hey, Burke," Aimee ignored him, continuing to walk ahead to their class, "Burke wait," he grabbed her arm, stopping her in her tracks, she shoved him away from her.

"What?" she asked sharply.

"I just wanted to ask why Andromeda was talking to you," he asked, he could see the flash of frustration that masked her face.

"Are you kidding me!" Aimee said, her voice raised, she looked away from him, sucking air between her teeth, taking a deep breath, "I actually thought you might apologise to me,"

"Why what for?" he asked

"Why!" she repeated, "You had no right to keep my book-

"I wanted to read,"

"Then go to the library or ask," she argued

"You're mad about a muggle book, it's just a book,"

"Muggle book, wizarding book, I don't care, it's a story that I love," she threw her hands up in the air, "It was my book, you should have given it back to me, the minute you found it," Aimee whipped around, her long ponytail almost hitting him in the face as she left for class, she found a seat next to a Ravenclaw girl furthest away from him.

She wouldn't look at him, Sirius didn't think she'd be so angry about a book being ruined, especially a muggle book. Aimee had confirmed to him, she wasn't prejudiced like her family. And he had screwed up his chances of being her friend. As class ended, Professor McGonagall waited outside to escort, Aimee, Sirius and James to detention, McGonagall lead them to a classroom.

"Sit at least two desks apart, read a book or write lines, no talking," McGonagall gestured for them to take a seat, Aimee sat furthest away from Sirius and James.

She immediately opened a transfiguration book, not to study, just to read, the subject interested her. Aimee looked through the theories for human transformations using various potions and complicated spells. She was mostly interested because her parents were Animagi.

Her father is a crow and her mother was a fox. They were unregistered, which was a huge risk as her father worked at the ministry, she desired to be one too. Someday she hoped her mother might teach her when she was ready, the more she learnt before the more prepared she would be.

It is often said that your Animagus form, is linked to a person's true personality, hence why a wizard may never choose the animal form they take. Falco Aesalon was an ancient Greek wizard, being able to transform into a falcon at will, he was the first recorded Animagus.