𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1978,
next generation has
arrived
╚═══════════════╝

Aimee was used to waking in the middle of the night now, for some reason the babies chose to be active when she needed sleep. She sat up in bed, adjusting her pillows, she tried not to wake Sirius, as she waited for them to settle down.

She clutched her bump, this pain was different, she took deep breaths, she tried to reach over for a drink. Having no choice but to wake Sirius, she whispered his name, he didn't move a muscle, she nudged him, awake.

"WHAT!" he shot up startling her.

"Shh, I just want some water," she said

"Oh," he got out of bed pouring her a glass of water, he creased his brows, "why are you making that terrible face?"

"It's nothing, just a little indigestion,"

"How often do you have it?"

"I don't know about every, 15 minutes,"

"That's it," he drank her drink, "stay calm," he said, hurrying to get changed, he left the room a moment, hurrying back in handing her the jug of water.

"Don't rush, I'm fine-" she groaned as the pain gradually got worse, "HURRY!"

"You're alright," he said, taking her towards their chimney to use the floo network to get to St. Mungos.

Sirius cast a Patronus to warn everyone they were going to the hospital, not caring that he would be waking everyone up. To his surprise everyone showed up, Marlene and Dorcas still had the long shirts that they wore for bed on, Lily and Alice hurried down the hall.

While James, Peter and Remus slowly walked behind them like they were dragged here. He underestimated how long they would be in labour for, after over nine hours in labour, Marlene and Alice left to get Aimee some ice chips.

"This is exhausting nine hours and still no baby," James said, he looked as everyone eyed him, "What?"

"This is exhausting for Aimee, we're just sitting here waiting," Lily told him

***

Marlene and Alice sat with Aimee, while Sirius went for something to eat with Remus. She laid her head back, Alice moved her hair out of her face, she smiled as the doctor came in to check on her. She looked other her charts.

"I think you're about ready,"

"I'm not doing this on my own go and find him," Marlene and Alice ran out of the run.

"SIRIUS BLACK, CALLING SIRIUS BLACK, WE'RE READY," Marlene yelled down the hall,

"I'm right here," he said, standing just a few feet away from her,

"Oh, they're coming," he hurried inside, rushing to her side.

"We're about ready over here," the Nurse said, he held Aimee's hands "you want to try pushing?"

She nodded, taking a deep breath, she pushed, squeezing Sirius so tightly he was sure she had broken a bone, after one final push their first, they heard crying. The nurse held the baby up for them to see, she cried upon seeing their child.

"She's so tiny," the nurse turned around, "Where'd she go?"

"They're just cleaning her up," Sirius said, kissing her forehead,

"Okay, be careful with her she's really tiny,"

"How'd you feel?" Sirius asked, brushing away her hair that stuck to her forehead

"I'm tired,"

"You don't have time to rest, the other one will be along in a minute," the nurse said, she felt her contractions growing closer together.

"Are you ready Aimee?" she nodded

She took deep breaths, pushing one more time, another sound of a crying baby, she relaxed as she felt all pain simmer away as the nurse settled their babies in their arms. They looked down at their two tiny daughters in her arms.

"You did great, darling," he kissed her forehead. She smiled up at him, lightly kissing him.

***

All their friends agreed to let their new 'nieces' settle in before coming to see them. Aimee sat on the sofa with her feet propped up, she rest one baby on her legs as the other lay against her chest, she held a bottle for them to feed. While Sirius did their washing, he glanced into the living room smiling at them.

He heard a knock at their door, Sirius quickly dried his hands, hurrying to the door. Remus, James, Peter, Marlene, Dorcas, Alice Frank and Lily stood on their doorstep eagerly awaiting for Sirius to allow them inside. He smiled at them, allowing them into their home,

"Oh my gosh," Lily said bringing her hands up to her mouth,

"Hi, I didn't think you'd all be coming at once," Aimee said, sitting up a little,

"Wait," James said, "Who won the bet?"

"Lily won," Sirius told her

"What's their names?" Remus asked,

"Meet Rhea Marlene Black," Sirius said, holding the firstborn, she had slightly darker hair than then her sister.

"And Phoebe Alice Black," Aimee said, holding the last born.

Rhea and Phoebe were passed around their friend all of them, each looking at them, talking so quietly trying not to startle them. Alice and Marlene were honoured that Sirius and Aimee chose to name their children after them. Another knock was heard at the door, in walked Aimee's grandmother.

"Full house, I see," she commented

"Grammy you never told us you were coming?"

"I couldn't wait to meet the next generation of twins could I," she said, looking at the two little babies, "oh Aimee, they look just like you did when you were born,"

"They'll be beautiful then," Sirius commented, another knock was heard at the door, "I'll get it," he hurried to the door, speechless at the two people standing on his doorsteps, "hi, what are you doing here?"

"Aimee had the babies didn't she?" Evan questioned,

"Yeah,"

"Well, move I want to see them before I go back to School," Regulus said, shoving his way through the door, Sirius sighed following Evan and Regulus into the living room.

"You came," Aimee smiled, attempting to get up,

"Don't get up," Evan said as he and Reg carefully sat with her on the sofa. "Where are they?" Aimee pointed to James and Lily.

"Here," Lily laid Rhea in Regulus arms, nudging James elbow, when she walked back to him, he reluctantly handed Phoebe to Evan.

"They look just like you, Aims," Evans said,

"Thank god," Regulus mumbled, he flicked his eyes up to see Sirius shaking his head at him. Rhea squirmed in his arms, "It's crying,"

"Come here, little one," Sirius took her from Reg, heading to the kitchen to get her a bottle, "Rosier you were a chaser weren't you?"

"Yes, why?"

"Catch," he threw a bottle at him, he just managed to catch the bottle.

"I'll let you do it," he handed Aimee the bottle and her daughter

"I think we should let them eat in peace," Amelia said, she smiled at Aimee and Sirius while guiding everyone who didn't live there out of the house.