𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚

╔═══════════════╗
summer 1973,
grimmauld place
╚═══════════════╝

Summer had been different to what Aimee had expected her summer to be like, she couldn't help but wonder why Sirius had never returned any of her letters. Regulus had replied to everyone, almost instantly as they would arrive in the night or the next morning. She had grown tired of no responses, she sent Regulus a letter expressing her concern for Sirius.

She also made the decision to hide her animagus ability from her mother, even if her mother never mentioned teaching her. In fact, there was nothing that referenced D.L or My Lord. It's as though she had imagined all the signs of the man her mother was in contact with you. An owl flew through the window dropping a letter on her bed.

Dear Aimee,

I know you're worried about Sirius, I am too. He hasn't left his room much since we have been home, the only time he has is for his dinner and to use the bathroom. I think you should come over to Grimmauld Place, maybe you could talk to him. You said you and Sirius had been reading together. Why don't you bring a book with you? I hope you can talk him out of his room.

Regulus.

She closed the letter, maybe Sirius would talk to her face to face. It was worth a shot, she ran her fingers along her tall bookshelf looking for a book that he might like to read, though he wouldn't be the one reading it. She stopped on a book by Robert Louis Stevenson. She smiled, believing he would enjoy reading an adventure book.

She listened for her mother and father, before creeping downstairs, she had no intention of telling her mother that she was going to Grimmauld Place. If her mother was going to keep secrets from her, then so was she. Just before she could reach the door a voice stopped her.

"And where do you think you're going?" Mr Burke asked, she was relieved that it was her father who had found her and not her mother.

"Regulus said, Sirius hasn't left his room since we finished school, I was hoping to go and cheer him up," she wouldn't lie to her father she had no reason to. If her mother had asked her she might have been told a different story.

"That's sweet of you," Mr Burke said, he smiled at her he tilted his head towards the door, she opened the door and headed down the street to Grimmauld Place.

She walked up the steps, she took a deep breath she hadn't come to Grimmauld Place on her own before she had always come with someone else. She knocked on the door, standing there for a moment before the door opened slowly, then she saw him and smiled.

"Hi, Kreacher,"

"Welcome Miss, Kreacher will tell Mistress you are here," Kreacher liked when Aimee came to visit she was always the nicest to him, even Sirius and Regulus would find him a nuisance.

She walked inside Grimmauld Place, she waited at the door alone as Kreacher had gone to tell Walburga of her arrival. Before the head of the house had a chance to greet her alone, Regulus had already beat her to Aimee, he hurried her upstairs they both stood outside of Sirius' bedroom. She knocked on his door,

"Sirius, it's Aimee," she said, but there was no answer, she knocked again.

"He could be asleep, he was playing music pretty late last night," Regulus explained,

"Asleep? It's four o'clock in the afternoon," she laid down on the floor to look under the door, there wasn't a light on and seemed to be very dark. "Can I go in here?" she asked gesturing to the room next to Sirius' bedroom

Fixing Old Traditions | 𝘚𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘶𝘴 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara