Running Late

Before I begin writing I would like to show you what I see my two main characters to look like. If you would like to picture them as someone else then you may scroll until you find where my story begins.

Charlotte: age 19 about to turn 20

Lord James: age 21

Enjoy!

As I gaze out of my large bay window, I sit in silence. From the window, I see a small portion of the kingdom I will one day rule. The light of a new day is almost upon us.

The darkness of night fades away, as the light starts to stretch across the land."When will I find my destiny?" I asked myself while leaning against the window.

"Never if you don't shut up. I have been up all night listening to your inner monologue. Please go lay down and try to sleep a few hours before we must wake up." My inner wolf Arie said in a harsh tone.

I walked slowly towards my bed. I pulled back the covers and layed down. I let sleep cover every inch of my mind. Within minutes I was sound asleep...

I was awoken by a slight knocking coming from my door. I sat up and walked into the sitting area of my chamber. Sitting comfortably in a chair I said,"Please come in."

The door slowly opened and my lady's maid Kristen made her way into my sitting room, with a tray of tea in her arms. A confused look appeared on her delicate face, as she slowly took in my appearance. "My Lady! You're still in your nightgown."

She placed the tray on the side table beside the chair I was sitting in. I smiled as I started to stand up. "Kisten, you know how I hate when you call me your lady."

She rolled her eyes and started to make her way towards my closest. I followed swiftly behind Kristen. Yet she didn't seem to pay much attention to me as I walked into the closet. Once we were both in the closet, I made my way towards my vanity. "This will go perfect with your eyes Charlotte. What do you think?" I placed my makeup brush down and turned towards her.

The dress she chose was a light blush pink color with flowers on the top half of it. The bottom half was simple, so I should be able to walk or run as I please throughout today.

"Looks great." I said as I turned towards the vanity mirror to finish my makeup. I like my face to look natural so I barely put much on. I looked up when a loud knock sounded at my door. "I will go see who it is." Kristen said as she walked further away from me.

She didn't have time to step through the entryway of my closet before whoever was at the other door let themselves in. Closing the door behind them. "It's a beautiful day outside, why are you just now getting ready."

My friend since I was born said as she made her way into the closet. I rolled my eyes at her statement as Kristen started to help me into the dress she chose for me to wear.

Once Kristen was done fixing it,making sure it made my breast pop. She turned me towards the mirror. I took in my appearance and smiled. I looked really good. "Well I couldn't sleep at all last night Harper. I couldn't stop thinking about my destiny." I said as I turned towards Harper.

She made her way towards me and took one of my hands as she spoke. "Your destiny is already planned out for you. Your father is the king of this kingdom. Your destiny is to rule this kingdom once you turn 20... Speaking of that, your birthday is coming up next month." - Harper

I pulled away from her to find some shoes to put on. While putting them on I looked up and smiled at Harper before I spoke.

" Stop looking at me like that. I know when my birthday is but I would like to find my own destiny before that. Or before my destiny that you speak of is planned out.""Oh crap what time is it?"I said as I abruptly got up.

"It's about noon, that is why I bought you tea before you went out to eat lunch."

Kristan said as she picked up my nightgown I had thrown down.

"Shit! I am late to watch after Andrews kids."

I shoved past Harper and Kristan as I ran.

I left the room quickly and found my way to Lord Anders chambers.

The world rushed past me as I began to sprint to his chambers.